“Rude Staff Lovely hotel”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Rochdale, England, United Kingdom
“Rude Staff Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in this lovely hotel, the Richmond Suite is a lovely large room with spa bath, and fantastic views, the hotel is a bit tired but has a charm about it. Its a good value for money break and I would use it again except for the staff. Firstly the good, Simon the General Manager is fantastic, he cant do enough for you will sort problems out straight away I cant praise him enough. Unfortunately the same cant be said about the rest of the management team. We had a problem with a guest in the room next to us getting sick in the middle of the night, the poor chap was very confused and was banging on his radiator to attract attention, I called the duty night porter, he couldnt have been ruder, it was as if he was cross at being woken. He agreed to call an ambulance but left us with the guest rather than coming down to deal with himself. he only came down after a second call to demand his presence. The evening manager was rude and unhelpful. We had booked a car parking space and asked for one of the larger spaces, on arrival found this was taken rather than any apology or attempt to rectify the attitude was "Tough what do you expect me to do".

It is a shame as we really love this hotel, the position of it the old world charm and the Richmond suite but the rudeness of the staff has put me off going again.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for one of the spa rooms the views are fantastic.
2 Thank Peter A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a groupon deal to this hotel in May and just had to tell you about it!!
The Hotel itself needs a lot of updating and cleaning and plenty of tlc to return it to its former glory.
It is in a great position on the promenade and could be so much better.
However, the good points were the staff. They were all very good and polite, especially the restaurant staff.
The food was good according to my husband, but for me as a vegetarian the choice wasn't good and I had salad both nights we were there.
Breakfast was ok though.
It didn't ruin our visit to Llandudno though, we still had a good time as we were out each day.

Room Tip: maybe ask for a room with a sea view
1 Thank Barbara R
uk
Reviewed 9 June 2012

my wife and i stayed at the ambassador in february 2012 we did not like the room we had been given had had a word at reception they where bang on and gave us a sea view room at no extra cost. staff where all superb, and the breakfasts are a treat .
we returned to the ambassador, again in may once again on a groupon just for a couple of nights,the room we where allotted was room 114 the beds where solid as a rock,
I went down to reception who where very obliging and we where offered the choice of 2 more rooms we accepted the first one room 111 this is a street room with a bay window over looking the bay, very comfortable beds and 2 armchairs to sit and watch tellie.
so good we booked an extra night. the staff food and hotel all get 10/10 from us we shall return later this year

Room Tip: some rooms are superb if you dont like what you get don,t gripe on here have a word with reception i...
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Please please if you read this review don't stay at this hotel! The staff are rude especially at reception i dont think they notice that you can see that the facial expressions they make at you behind your back can be see once you complain ( i think Caroline??) The linnen is dirty and afternoon tea is appalling. I never complain at a hotel stay and this is my first review but I feel so strongly that I need to for warn other people that this hotel is an absolute dive even hostels are better than this place. Beware

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Jack146

Travellers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My self & my husband , Book to stay on 31st may to 2nd of june, !! booked online, We got to the Ambassador 1 HOUR EARLY , Young & very rude girl at the reception told us to go away & come back in 1 hour , I Said my daughter & son-in-law stayed 1 dec 2011 !! & that time was ok with them on that occasion, she said I DON'T THINK SO MY FAMILY OWN THIS HOTEL !! So we waited with a pot of tea , 1 Hour later we went back to the reception , she give us room 222 !! when we got to the room WE WERE SHOCKED TO FIND THE ROOM DIRTY , BED SHEETS FILTHY , PILLOWS CASE'S WERE DIRTY YELLOW , THE BATH ROOM HAD PUBIC HAIR ON THE TOILET & IN THE BATH , WE WENT BACK TO THE RECEPTION & SAID WE WOULD NOT BE STOPPING , SO WE WENT TO THE CAE'MOR = LOVELY CLEAN HOTEL,

6 Thank 123tweats8
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I lived in Llandudno for the first 26 years of my life and now returned in my 28th year as a tourist. Me and my g/f booked the £99 groupon deal and it was EXCELLENT. Yes, the hotel is in need of some refurbishment but we had a great time (all those petty moaners get a grip and explore Llandudno instead of every inch of your rooms!)

Staff very friendly and hardworking (as a hotel worker for 8 years i know) and always had a smile on their faces. Shower was tiny but then again the hotel felt like you were stepping back in time which was really enjoyable- who is it that thinks a lick of cream paint means that somewhere can be 'modernised' and therefore worth an extra £70 a night??

Dinner and breakfast were excellent and the lounge bar for lunch has a great menu. Car park is limiting but then again it is for EVERY hotel in Llandudno. Park away from the high street and it's free. Where else will you then get a more scenic walk back to your hotel?

We'd recommend the hotel (softer matresses would be a minor request)- Llandudno has loads to offer and for £99 it was the perfect two day getaway. Diolch yn fawr gwesty Ambassador!

Room Tip: Sea view a must request!
2 Thank A A
leeds
Reviewed 6 June 2012

After hastily booking the groupon deal, I checked out the Ambassador on trip advisor. Some of the reviews were truly horrendous sprinkled with an occasionally more positive experience! I was fully prepared to be shocked & have to move to another place - BUT, in fact we had a good time!! Llandudno really is a great place to visit with loads to do & superb scenery & walking!! We had our dog with us & didn't feel uncomfortable at all. The staff weren't effusive but very pleasant & helpful. The hotel is truly dated - unbelievably so, but our room was clean enough & the room refreshments of good quality. The bed was comfy - not lumpy as I'd been led to expect. Yes the bedding was very old as were the furnishings but the shower was hot & the room a nice temperature. The T.V. was modernish & worked fine. We had to have breakfast in our room as we had our dog with us but it was served promptly & pleasantly & was perfectly edible if not luxurious! No experience of other food or public areas as we weren't allowed in but looked ok. The 'afternoon tea' was in fact a cream tea & that WAS grim - they would maybe do better to offer tea & biscuits on arrival !!! BUT - what DO you expect for £99 x 2nights B&B for two?? This hotel needs so much money throwing at it but we all have to survive in these difficult times & they are trying!!!!

Room Tip: we had 102 - a seaview room which though dated was quite bearable for a couple of nights. Very quiet...
1 Thank sheenakb