“Worth the ride.”

Great Orme Cable Cars
Ranked #10 of 99 things to do in Llandudno
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great views from the top. Went up late afternoon and beat the queues. Had to wait at the top for return journey but told if we bought a return ticket we were guaranteed a trip back down so didn't worry about the wait. Excellent value

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife, son and his fiancé decided on the cable cars for a trip up the Orme. We got there 10 minutes before it opened (1000) but were left (with about 20 other people) waiting half an hour before the box office door was opened and told they were checking the wind speed on the summit. Why they couldn’t do that at 1000 I don’t know. Eventually though, the cable cars started operating. However, and this is the bit that rankled me, the price was £8.50 return but they would only take £8 in case the return was too windy and not £4.25 for one way, the return fare therefore was £0.50. On our return I noticed the staff departing in their cars with no signs saying closed because of high winds etc. The summit box office and embarkation areas were left open but nobody was around. I honestly believe the intention was to make enough money for the day sending people up and had no intention of getting people down. I am originally from Llandudno and when the cable cars first started on the Orme it was a swish well-run attraction. I realise the wind is a factor but more communication, a better pricing policy and a bit of customer care would help this struggling attraction.

6  Thank tonyandanne
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my group preferred to get the Cable Car up the great Orme instead of the tram because we have trams back ware we are living. It did not disappoint. The views were amazing and could see all the Welsh Mountain range and all the other little towns by the Sea next to Llandudno.
Like the way two that the Cable Cars are open air with no dirty glass in the way of the view.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This atraction is fun but can be a little pricey but it is worth it as the views are amazing! When it is quite windy the cable cars can not ride for safety reasons.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Well organized. Reasonable prices. Spectacular views. Lots to do on the Orme. Enjoyed looking at the little church and having a picnic. Great visitors centre at the top.