“Brilliant staff, great food.”

Harveys New York Bar and Grill
Ranked #39 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gwynedd, North Wales
“Brilliant staff, great food.”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We dined here yesterday will a friend who is disabled and uses a power wheelchair. The waiting on staff (i should have got their names!) where excellent, attentive, polite and professional. I eat out a lot, and i must say, the customer service here was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. Food was tasty, fresh and served with a smile, what more could you ask for?will defiantly visit again.

• Visited December 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Burnley
“Thanks to all at Harveys”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The staff were most attentive but without being too formal. The food was well prepared and well presented and very very tasty....the Quesadillas are to die for as a starter.

Keep it up all and don't let the standards slip.....well done!!!!!

“Excellent!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I cannot understand the negative reviews at all! I have been here twice, once when the the family and once with just my husband and I. Both times the food, service and atmosphere have been excellent! Love the music, the open kitchen, the friendly but not overbearing waiters and the great food.
Far better than Frankie and Benny's as someone suggested, good size portions, good menu selection etc. 5+ stars in your rating.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our second visit to Harveys and was so disappointing. The first time we came it was a fantastic experience, our seven year old loved the place and enjoyed the music and the atmosphere. However, we visited again recently on a Saturday evening and although you can't fault the young staff our food was dire. Both my husband and I tried the Pulled Pork. It was absolutely disgusting! I really can't put into words how bad it was and the presentation didn't do it any justice. The food was resented on wooden slabs that had so many deep scratches inmbedded into it you can't help but question the hygiene.

Also the toilets are dirty and could do with a clean.

Conwy Valley
“Good food, good value, good service”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I don't know where some of the other reviewers have eaten, but it certainly wasn't Harveys American Diner in Llandudno. I have eaten there on several occasions and do not recognise some of the descriptions in the reviews.
We discovered that we had planned to eat at Harveys on the same day that the GB Rally was starting right outside the door, so we were pleased that we were still able to get a table. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful and there were plenty of them.
As soon as we sat at the table our server brought a mug of hot fresh popcorn to nibble on while checking out the menu. Our drinks order was taken within minutes of being shown our table and the drinks arrived shortly afterwards. My husband always asks for no ice in his drinks but they invariably arrive with ice - not at Harveys, the servers actually listen to what you are saying to them.
Despite the diner being quite busy our food order was taken a few minutes later and arrived quite quickly. We order the nachos XL as a starter, but I'm sure the single portion would have been more than sufficient for two people. A huge bowl of nachos arrived smothered in a tasty salsa and jalapeno peppers topped off with a generous portion of melted cheese. The nachos were accompanied by guacamole and sour cream dips.
For main we both ordered fried shrimp. Again the portions were huge, and I took some of my shrimp home for supper. The chips were hot and crisp and were served in an enamel mug ensuring that they weren't at all greasy. The shrimp were coated in crispy seasoned breadcrumbs and were served on a bed of fresh salad and were accompanied by a smoky BBQ dip and coleslaw.
People have complained that food was microwaved. We were sat close to the open kitchen and I didn't see anything being microwaved. I saw plenty of dishes being fried and grilled, and I saw pulled pork being heated in a pan on the hob. To be honest, most of the dishes on the menu are unsuitable for microwave cooking.
People have complained that the food is not homemade, but nowhere on the menu does it claim to be homemade. I would rather the emphasis to be on cooking the main component of the dish properly than in making homemade dips and coleslaw.
One reviewer said that the toilets were unisex. They obviously didn't bother going through the communal door to the separate male and female toilets beyond which were immaculately clean and fresh. If you can't be bothered to check out the facilities please do not include them in your review.
Another reviewer said that there were no card payment facilities and they had to go to the cash machine. All I can say is that there must have been a technical problem with their card machine that day as there was absolutely no problem with card payments at our visit.
All in all I would certainly recommend Harveys as a fun venue.