“Very poor”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I have been to The Lilly previously for a meal and hadn't enjoyed it very much but it was a while ago and as we live locally and like to support local business we thought we would give it another try, I wish we hadn't bothered!! We ordered our food and although it was quite busy we didn't expect to wait nearly an hour for our meals and once they arrived they were very disappointing. I ordered pork, this arrived with two carrots and four cubes of parmentier potatoes, I was under the impression parmentier potatoes were browned and crispy, these were just boiled potatoes cut into cubes with no taste whatsoever. The pork itself was okay but the crackling was inedible, it had a very odd flavour to it and it was far too hard to eat, it hadn't been left to crackle long enough to was just hard and chewy. My husband ordered a steak with peppercorn sauce, he said the steak was cooked okay but didn't have much flavour and the peppercorn sauce was very thin and watery with no taste and his chips although homemade had not been left to brown enough so looked pale and unappetising. All in all we left still hungry and definitely won't be going there again, which is a shame as they have a lovely location and potential to be so much nicer.

1 Thank Jubilee34

Abergele, United Kingdom
“Visit to Lilly's”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a sunny afternoon hoping for a nice table in the sunshine on a lovely sunny afternoon. Place looks really scruffy, no parasols on tables, and a generally "tired" air about the place. Could do with a big does of weedkiller outside, and tables resanded and varnished. No view to speak of as the sea wall is in the way! Staff weren't rushing to clear tables either. Disappointing

Visited June 2014
2 Thank smiley4488
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“They Don't Know What They're Doing.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Never, ever again.
The overriding impression from our visit is that it is run by rank amatuers who don't know the business or what they are doing.
Service was slow and laboured, with long waits for staff attention. Food was clearly overpriced.
The whole place appeared to be floundering between any number of competing stools.
Would like to be more positive, but quite simply not possible.
Who knows where those five star reviews came from....

5 Thank Barbara W
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Food choice was terrible, and not meals you would want to eat when your by the seaside. The basic food was horrendously overpriced and took about an hour to come (I'm talking a jacket potato with a bit of salad). The toilets were disgusting.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Green5099
“100% spot-on!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Looking around Llandudno for somewhere to eat, the menu and prices here stood out very well so my gf and I gave it a shot. I'm so glad we did! The menu is put together with skill and thought, and when the food arrived it was better than I could have hoped. Perfect home-made Scotch egg, so good, followed by immaculate Rib-eye with chips, what more could you want? Very satisfied, top work, thank you!!

• Visited May 2014