“Never again”

Cuisines: British, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2014

A couple of colleagues suggested that they wanted to celebrate their birthdays somewhere different. The menu at the Lilly looked good, but far from cheap, so a party of 12 booked an evening meal. As it was on a Wednesday, they had their steak night.

Things didn't look good when we arrived as the wall televisions were showing loud football. The bar service was slow - lots of people who had come for the football. Starters were sort of OK. The garlic bread with cheese was soft and soaked in butter. As it was sitting on a serviette, the damp paper serviette had to be peeled off before the garlic bread could be eaten.

The main courses were cold and served on cold plates. Chips were just cooked and still soft. Onion rings were cold even though they were in batter.

A complaint was made to a waitress who went away and did not come back. Another waitress was found and again our complaint was made and she did not come back. The Manager was serving at the bar and he was asked to hear our complaint. Why did he need to be asked? When we came to pay, he said that he had taken 2 steaks off the bill.

The male toilets need repairing and were dirty. The ladies toilet was filthy.

2  Thank MickyB115

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Had expected something rather nice, what a disappointment. Exceptionally shabby decor, with very little attempt to do anything since they took over from the defunct predecessor, except to brick up the entrance to the additional room next door. Some paint would help. Appeared to become invisible at the bar too. Still, Hickorys Smokehouse is opening in Rhos on Sea shortly, so I shall not have the need to visit again, based on the service I received I am sure they won't be bothered either.

1  Thank keren056
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Visited on Saturday 2nd January with family for drinks. I thought the prices were pretty good, and the choice I liked. Draft fruit cider is a major plus. Football on in the daytime, louder music at night shows it's a versatile venue. Could do with a bit of TLC regarding decoration, especially the toilets.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at the Lilly a couple of times now and have really enjoyed it on both occasions, so I felt it fair to write a review. I have only ever eaten off the light bites and lunch menu so can't comment on the mains menu. I have tried both the lfc strips and the scotch eggs. Both were clearly home made and tasted great. The lfc strips had a breaded herbed crumb which was delish and the scotch eggs were beautifully cooked with a lovely soft yolk centre! The coleslaw and salad which accompanied both meals was lovely.
Me and my friends love going somewhere which serves cocktails so it was great to see their new cocktails. The waitress that looked after us on both occasions was attentive and friendly. Comfy, chilled nice time on both occasions. X

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I visited on Friday lunch time at 12pm there was no one else in the place we ordered drinks the sugar bowl that came with my tea was full of brown sugar and dirty
Lunch when it arrived after a long wait was served with old limp undressed salad
The tables and overall look of the place were dirty we probably will not return shame if it goes the way of its previous incarnation