Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Amazing Scenery and Great Local Knowledge

The weather was less than favorable when we met John Hadwin from Boutique Tours of North Wales, who... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jazzbeau1130
Eastchester, New York
The unique guided tour for people who don’t usually enjoy guided tours :)

My style of travelling is to pick a destination, do research, book my flights, get good maps... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Leotheflyingcat

All reviews day tour private tour john hadwin his knowledge snowdonia national park north wales cruise ship comfortable van betws y coed personal tour roman road guest house big tour incredible tour british isles cruise swallow falls ugly house
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Four of us recently spent two incredible days touring North Wales with John, and he made the most of the limited time we had showing us locations and vistas we could never have found on our own. He selected varied locations so we had the opportunity to experience a breadth of what North Wales has to offer. His arrangements for us were warm and comfortable throughout. We have already recommended John's services to others and will continue to do so. You don't want to tour Wales without him, and we hope to have opportunities to use him on future trips to the UK soon.

2  Thank Coastal785322
BoutiqueTours, Owner at Boutique Tours of North Wales, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

It is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to post your review of my private tour services and it was my personal pleasure to be of service to you and to provide you with a quality private tour experience. I take great delight in putting together custom tailor made tour arrangements and working around the clients own style of touring, which I know everyone enjoyed. I hope one day you choose to return and I can show you more of our beautiful country.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Our family of four recently visited Europe for the first time on a cruise throughout the British Isles. One of our ports was Liverpool. I am a long-time Beatles fanatic, and my family felt sure that we would naturally spend our Liverpool day touring Beatles-related sites.

Well, surprise! When I found out that visiting Wales from Liverpool was a viable option, it was a no-brainer for me. I searched the internet for an excellent private tour guide, and was fortunate enough to find John. He is in extremely high demand, but I secured our tour roughly a full year in advance. I enjoyed two phone conversations with him of approximately 10 minutes each: one to get to know one another and pay the deposit, and another to firm up details of the tour and provide final payment information. This was a lovely, personal way to handle the tour business, and also allowed John get to know us a bit in order to best customize the tour.

Everything about our day was professional and done in a superlative fashion. John is warm, pleasant, knowledgeable, intuitive, and a great driver. His vehicle is luxurious and spotless. We went to Conwy Castle, which John knows particularly well, and got a personal tour of the castle and grounds from him. We visited a small pottery workshop which particularly appealed to my artist daughter. John chose a delightful, picturesque setting for our delicious lunch. We also visited the impressive aqueduct on the way back to Liverpool, plus a couple smaller stops. The entire day was a lovely mix of sites: beautiful, relaxing, and memorable.

We couldn't have had a lovelier cruise excursion to North Wales. Thank you, John! Our family just loved our day with you.

1  Thank LynnElizabethAZ

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about my private driver guided tour services when your cruise ship visited Liverpool.
It was my personal pleasure to be of service to you and to provide you with a quality private tour experience that captured the very best highlights for you during your day ashore with your visit into Wales. I hope that one day you all get the chance to visit again and I can show you more of our beautiful country.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

What a first class tour. We had an outstanding two day tour of north wales. We visited a combination of fantastic local tourist sites suggested by John and also were very fortunate that John could locate our great great grandparents cottage near Beddgelert from a photo taken more than 100 years ago!!! How amazing. John not only has great knowledge of the sites but his knowledge of history is great.

1  Thank alvanronwyn

Thank you for providing a review from you day on tour with me. it was my personal pleasure to be of service to you and to provide you with a quality private tour experience and to also assist you in helping you discover your ancestors former home beside the lake. I hope that one day you get the opportunity to come back and visit Wales again.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

An internet search for day tours brought me to Boutique Tours and it exceeded our expectations. John, who is the owner picked us up (2 couples) at our hotel in a beautiful, comfortable van and gave us one of the best days on our trip. John is extremely personable and had many interesting stories on the history of Wales and clearly loves what he does. We visited some charming towns, a waterfall, a family wine and cider winery for a delicious lunch and the absolutely stunning Snowdonia National Park.

Do not hesitate to book his tour. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

This was an outstanding one day taste of Northern Wales. I coordinated with John to take a short (45 minute) flight from Cardiff to Angelsey for this trip. John met me at the airport and we were immediately off for a full day of amazing sights. John is an amazing tour guide and provided lots of background on Welsh history, language, and mythology (going back thousands of years!) as we toured first Caernarfon and then made our way through breathtaking Snowdonia National Park. We even stopped at an orchard for lunch to sample local fare and hear some of the beautiful Welsh language. At the end of the day I flew back to Cardiff. This trip was the highlight of my three day trip to Wales. I would highly recommend, especially if you are in the South around Cardiff but want a quick trip to the North! Coordinating the brief and cheap flight from Cardiff is super easy!

Date of experience: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Many thanks for taking the time to contribute a review regarding your day tour from Cardiff. It was my personal pleasure to be of service to you and to provide you with a quality private tour experience and I hope that one day you will get the chance to return to Wales where I can show you even more of our beautiful country.