“Where was the bacon?”
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Tough beef rasher instead of bacon for breakfast. No waking up to the lovely aroma of cooking bacon. As for the room: Antique TV picture kept breaking up, Ten minute wait for shower to get a warm trickle. Windows ill fitting and cracked panes of glass.

Only good thing about the hotel was it's location and price.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, or B & B offering better accomodation and service
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 23johnnyboy

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We needed a couple of nights away after Christmas. I read all the reviews on this hotel, but did not believe they could all be true - couldn't be that bad. Poor, poor hotel. Beautiful setting, right on the front,
Room 202, views of the Orme and the pier - through a cracked pane of glass! Only one pair of curtains, shared over two windows. Plenty of coffee, tea and milk. Clean bedding and towels. Had to ask for toilet roll. Shower held together with gaffer tape. Tried shower on evening of day 2, but did not work, couldn't be bothered complaining.
Breakfast was good, but stay clear of shoe leather - oops - mean beef rashers. Cereals, jucies, toast, tea, coffee, rest of cooked breakfast was good.
Staff are corteous and pleasant, but I guess they get a lot of stick.
This hotel could have so much going for it - basics are there, but lacks love and attention.
I won't be staying here again and I couldn't honestly recommend it, but for what it cost us, it did not spoil our weekend in Llandudno.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I just felt sorry for the staff - very kind and courteous, and good customer service skills that are wasted in this dump. I had to change my first room as the springs were coming out of the mattress. The second room was marginally better, and I did get some sleep by wrapping myself in the quilt like a sleeping bag. The second night however, my corridor was invaded by a group of noisy drunk men who banged the ill fitting bedroom doors all night long, shouting and singing up to 5am.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank oldrunnerExeter
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

This has got to be the moast grotty and the most awfull place on the planet. This hotel makes me sick and i wouldnt advise anyone to ever stay here. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. And half the rooms are infested with bed bugs !

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank mrlambert92
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Very short review on a one-night stay booked fairly last minute to facilitate a stay-over after a friend's party.. The best thing about the hotel is the location - beautiful seafront position on the promenade. The room was clean but the bathroom very dated, cramped and tatty - gaffatape holding the shower together! Bed was ok for one night. Didn't use the lounge area. Reception staff that we met was friendly enough. Very limited choice of breakfast cereals. Coffee was terrible. The hot breakfast was obviously all cooked and kept warm in the kitchen as within 2 minutes of putting our order in, it was delivered to our table. Not very appetising at all. The hotel met our requirements on this occasion ie just somewhere to lay our heads overnight, but I wouldn't really recommend the hotel,sorry.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view as that was the only saving grace about the hotel anyway!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I had read the negative reviews about the Elsinore but decided to see for myself.
Im sorry to say it was just as bad as others have said.
It wasnt dirty,just very sad and worn.
Yes,the beef bacon was absolutely horrendous,tho the rest of the breakfast was ok. I stuck to scrambled eggs with toast.
My toilet wouldnt flush properly and the water would rise up towards the top then gradually recede. I was on pins in case it came over the top!
No toilet brush to clean toilet. Bathroom so small,my knee was hanging into the shower when I used the loo.
My room wasnt tidied on my 3rd day so at 3pm asked when it was getting done.
Bins not emptied,full bottle of pop went missing and sink scummy from that mornings toothpaste and soap.
Scaffolding outside my window-with a chair on! Was told it had been there 2 years.
Nasty!
BUT-great location and handy for everything.
Over all a very disappointing stay.I

Room Tip: Try and book a sea facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine A
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Just come back from a weekend in Llandudno and was suprised to see so many negative comments on this hotel. Its definitely a bit tired looking and could do with a bit of TLC but for the wonderful location and cheap prices it is worth staying at. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly, the room was clean and there was no problems with the hot water. The breakfast was very tasty apart from those beef rashers everyone keeps mentioning! For a weekend away this is a good, affordable hotel in a beautiful part of the country.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple