“Read the 'Visitor's book, proof that this is a Good, Basic Value for Money Hotel”
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Elsinore with my elderly parents, I had read the reviews of this and other Hotels nearby and thought we'd take a look. The first Hotel we looked at was lovely but price a bit steep for us at £400 so we went 2 doors away to the Elsinore. The receptionist was very helpful and asked us to come back in 1 hour to see the rooms as we had requested. We returned having looked at a few other places, both rooms were basic but clean, adequately equipped for our needs and accessible for my parents, the price for 1 double and 1 single for 2 nights......£130.
When we booked in, my parents room had the 'extra sheet' and chair they had asked for (and we had the requested drinking glasses for our 'nightcap'). During our stay the staff, especially the new Polish receptionist (sorry we didn't get her name) went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable, we spent the evenings (on our own) in the lounge and again the receptionist was very attentive to our needs, popping in occasionally to see if there was anything we needed. Breakfast was very good, nicely presented and included in the price! (Choice of 3 juices, 3 cereals, as much brown/white toast as you wanted with butter and 4 jams, tea/coffee and then full British breakfast) The service was excellent, the staff were very polite and courteous. The beds were clean, comfortable and changed everyday with towels and soap, our showers worked well as did our TV's, the Hotel was quiet even though we were on the seafront, the view was wonderful and the verandah was a nice place to sit and enjoy the views, have a ciggie and chat to other guests who also said they had no complaints. Overall, the Hotel does needs some TLC but the staff try very hard to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Single Room 114 was fine and Double room 106 was ok too. People we met there said the sea view rooms...
2  Thank sjam11
There are newer reviews for Elsinore Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

if it wasn't for the breakfast getting chucked in with the room price and the location on the promenade I would not be a return guest and would only use this place for one night.... seriously!!! But have stayed in worse for more money. showers are in as bad of state as most people have mentioned.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2013

65th out of 65 hotels is a rather promising rating, if only for the scathing review that will no doubt follow. It's failure to uphold its horrendous reputation, though, was just one of the disappointments I encountered at Elsinore Hotel. I checked into this hotel while quite hungover, after trying several others only to find "No Vacancy" signs, and without checking the reviews handed over 90 pounds for a three night stay. My first impression was that the hotel was in bad need of repair, though it wasn't quite "dirty." The plain white walls in my room were reminiscent of a state penitentiary, decorated only with one small, out of place picture of a boat.
If the walls were unextraordinary for their lack of decoration, they at least had one distinguishing trait: massive nicks and dents, as well as missing paint. If you've ever moved furniture and bumped a corner against the wall, you know what I'm talking about - now take that and repeat it a thousand times over, and you've got the walls of the rooms of Elsinore.
The bed is very unpleasant, and I imagine it would be hard to sleep on while sober or even just mildly inebriated. The shower is very low pressure, though the hot water worked for me. As an interesting aside, if you go on an opiate and alcohol binge for three days and don't leave your room, they will pile up clean towels, coffee creamer, and tea bags outside your door each morning, so that when you emerge from your torpor on the morning of the third day there's a neat little tower sitting there waiting for you.
Overall, would not recommend. There are much better (and even cheaper) budget accommodations in Llandudno. Try looking next door - you'll be much happier.

Room Tip: Pick a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Came here for one night Saturday 8th June 2013.
I had read the reviews on here before booking and thought we would give it go for one night because of the price.
It really wasn't as bad as what I thought it may have been.
I just needed somewhere to get some sleep and have an evening beer and it did the job just fine.
Breakfast was good and so were the staff (although I did ask twice to get my TV fixed and it never happened. Not a problem for 1 night).
If you are reading this review then all I can say is if you are not fussy and just want a cheap hotel for a night or 2 then this will be ok for you.
If you want a more upmarket experience then you are better going to one of the more expensive hotels and paying the price for it.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view. The back of the hotel is having building work. If you are unable to make it up t...
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The whole Hotle is very outdated. All furnishing broke. Beds all tatty. I had to be moved to a new room after my window fell out. To which mh new room was to small for what I had paid for. The shower was stone cold the shower door would not close. There were funny smells in the rooms. The pictures they have on the website. I seen one room like that. My curtains were held up by string so did not close. The bathroom floor is full of paint. This Hotle needs closing down. The manger is never there.If u go the bar never have what u want so they ring sister Hotle. They don't keep money on site. So u need the right money. Waited 25 minstrel for someone to take r breakfast order. Cause no one was borthing. Some of the staff r. Lovely. Oh yes on the Saturday morning there was to guests sleeping in the bar.

Room Tip: Don't come here ever.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel4141
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very outdated poor furnishing. Stayed on first floor low water pressure, shower holder broke and water either freezing or red hot, not clean bathroom. Mismatched furnishing bed being comfortable only good thing. Bar open but no cash ever on site so no change. Sister had bedroom above me on second floor with two young children x she opened window and whole window and frame came out crashing to yard below(cud of been devastating if 4yr old had opened it or if someone below) she moved to top floor with sea view but you had to stand on bed to sea it x got money back after constant complaining but no apology her water was freezing so couldn't shower and had hairs in anyway from previous. Breakfast and cleaners ignorant sat for 20 mins before breakfast order taken. And they cleaned tables with polish as we ate not even a wet cloth. Seriously will not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't even go there!!
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Staff friendly enough but hotel like something out of the Addams family.....not good....won't be staying again....really needs a complete make over either that or boarding up....shower holder broken, windows too old to open tied up with string, furniture falling apart and headboard in floor not attached top the wall on a positive note plenty of tea, coffee and milk.......

• Stayed: May 2013