See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Dirty room, Badly fitted carpet. Not able to open the window. Could not alter radiator setting. The TV was an old cathode ray tube and the screen colours were washed out. Breakfast was low standard (the bacon and sausage were greasy). Also there must have been bed bugs as I was left with two bites on my hands. The bed actually smelt of sick, Thankfully only had to stay one night as had booked The Ambassador Hotel for 2 nights via KGB deals.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on one of the upper floors as other residents are noisey when returning to there rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bagpuss4540
Reviewed 27 March 2014

STAY AWAY FROM HERE !!Can not even describe how bad this hotel was ! unclean, untidy, disgusting ! Can't believe they are still allowed to charge for rooms fair enough for £33 I didn't expect much but omg it was so bad didn't even bother to stay for breakfast as I didn't wanna risk my health! Left at half 7 in the morning as I just wanted to get home and get a wash. !!! So bad

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Cworthy01
Reviewed 26 March 2014

we went just for one night, the first thing they said was the card machine wasn't working. so we had to go out and find cash. the room we got first the door wouldn't lock, we told the staff and they said that they forgot about it. We then got moved next door, the bathroom was filthy, soap irritated both of our skin. the double bed was a CAMP BED which made a loud squeak every time we
moved. breakfast was ok, not as bad as we expected but we could have made better at home.
The whole hotel is after money (fines for this, fines for that) worst place i have ever walked into. Best part was the going home bit!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I’ve stayed in some “tired” hotels in the past, but this was by far the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. On arrival, after requesting an accessible room, or access by lift, I was told my room was on the second floor and they had no lift. When we got to the room you could see that the whole place was in need of a complete redecoration. On entering, you could see clumps of hair on the carpet; the curtains were hanging off the rail; the dust on the picture rail and light shade was so thick it was ready to fall off!
In the bathroom there was a lot of dust and hair and the shower was loose on the wall making it difficult to use. The kettle had to keep being poked to get it to boil and the milk pots had passes their best by date. There was a loose connection to the TV and the signal kept disappearing until you jumped on the floor. No control for heating and when it was on was too hot.
On the plus side, the bed was OK; bedding and towels were clean; excellent breakfast but rather a long wait for it.
The price was good but I’d rather have paid an extra tenner for them to employ a cleaner. They should say NO LIFT in advert. Don’t think I’ll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mick S
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Overnight stay - £25. Per room and a cooked room. Why complain? Staff foreign and some broken English, yet extremely polite.
Breakfast you do have to make your own toast and only 2 toasters so expect a wait.
Room's - decent size shower. Clean. Comfortable beds and clean linen. Free view TV.

3PM check in and 10am checkout needs amending especially if you don't drive and have bag's.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends