See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've stayed at several 'cheap' budget hotels, but this one beats all of them! The only reason we (family with a young child) had to stay at this place was that I booked very late and all decently priced hotels were fully booked giving me no choice.

THE GOOD: It's hard to say these words after having stayed here, but the LOCATION is absolutely amazing! You get out of the hotel and the first thing you see is the beach and the Pier and having great weather will be priceless for you as you won't have to spend that much time inside the hotel. If you get a room facing the beach you'll be able to enjoy the views, which we didn't get on our stay.
The second positive aspect was the STAFF (mostly foreigners) and by that I mean the receptionists and breakfast waiters and by no means the management / owner. During breakfasts we had 2 days when only one waiter was working on his own but was still making sure to meet all customers' needs and it was evident that the task was too much for one person. The receptionist was also very friendly and accommodating.

THE BAD: As we entered our room we were welcome by a terrible smell that didn't disappear for our entire trip. For some reason it was only inside the room and nowhere in the corridor or reception areas. I had to spray my deodorant every day to ensure the room was breathable.
We booked a triple room, but what we actually got was a double room with a folding bed, which was worse than sleeping on the floor. The springs in the folding bed ensured a) that you wouldn't be able to sleep on it due to the discomfort and b) nobody else in the room would be able to sleep due to the noise they made for every small movement on it. And the double bed itself had a mattress that was thinner than the pillows making sure you got backache when you wake up. Complaining about it was useless as they didn't have any spare rooms or beds available.
The carpet was horrendously dirty and we had to wear shoes inside the room for the entire time as there were stains all over the place. Added to this, they weren't even cleaned as there was a lot of hair and dirt all over the place, especially towards the edges, which have probably never been cleaned.
And I haven't even gotten to the bathroom horror. Literally NOTHING was good in the bathroom. There was hair even in the bathroom and shower and the sink was worse than any train station sink. There were brown stains that were totally very vomit inducing. I had to make sure to close my eyes when brushing my teeth or washing my hands. Additionally, they were still using separate taps for hot and cold water, where one was boiling hot and the other completely cold. The mirror again was so dirty with big permanent marks that you wouldn't wanna look at yourself in it. The shower was the most useless shower I've ever seen. The rate at which water was coming out was so low that I couldn't even wash my hair properly. Plus the door wouldn't close properly with no lock inside.
There was no double glazing, which meant that you'd hear the seagulls and the massive exhaust fan of the neighbouring hotel from the window.

So, don't stay here unless it's the absolute last choice you have even if you intend to be out and about during the day.

Room Tip: Don't stay here (If you have to, pick a room facing the beach and on the first floor)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Muffingg
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just returned from a one night stay on the 12 April 2014. The term you get what you pay for is true for this hotel. Room 111 shower wouldn't turn off. Flea bites from bed glad we only stayed one night. Breakfast cold.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Zena252
Reviewed 11 April 2014

this ''hotel'' should be called a hostel only belive me a hostel would be cleaner, it should be shut down and completely gutted out the only good thing is the staff who are all lovely i have just come home and put all our clothes in the wash had a bath and only now do i feel clean please do not go.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank patmersyside
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Dirty room, Badly fitted carpet. Not able to open the window. Could not alter radiator setting. The TV was an old cathode ray tube and the screen colours were washed out. Breakfast was low standard (the bacon and sausage were greasy). Also there must have been bed bugs as I was left with two bites on my hands. The bed actually smelt of sick, Thankfully only had to stay one night as had booked The Ambassador Hotel for 2 nights via KGB deals.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on one of the upper floors as other residents are noisey when returning to there rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bagpuss4540
Reviewed 27 March 2014

STAY AWAY FROM HERE !!Can not even describe how bad this hotel was ! unclean, untidy, disgusting ! Can't believe they are still allowed to charge for rooms fair enough for £33 I didn't expect much but omg it was so bad didn't even bother to stay for breakfast as I didn't wanna risk my health! Left at half 7 in the morning as I just wanted to get home and get a wash. !!! So bad

• Stayed: March 2014