Elsinore Hotel
  • Breakfast included
St. Tudno Hotel(Llandudno)
US$171
US$164
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Beachfront
The Oasis(Llandudno)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

stayed for one night 1st of may, hotel is in dire need of refurbishment bed was clean breakfast ok! but,,,, furniture in room broken big crack in window ledge! cracked pane of glass in windowl whole hotel needs upgrade and decorating my tip ,,,, stay in the sister hotel the IRIS so much better would not stay in the ELSINORE again! only good thing is the location of this hotel!

Room Tip: stay at the sister hotel the IRIS!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROBBIE122
Reviewed 27 April 2014

after reading all reviews was worried about staying here, but wasnt that bad, room was clean, staff were nice, location brill... for the price its very good...and the cat is lovely and very friendly, would defo stay here again... do seaguls ever sleep tho? could hear them yaking all night...

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jo J
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What can I say that has not already been said: dirty mouldy room, the toilet seat kept falling off,
soiled sheets that the hotel blamed on the laundry company (my reply was they did not put them on the bed), curtains that did not fit and were almost see through, radiator jammed on full so room too hot. We were staying 3 nights walked out after just one night, when i complained about the room the receptionist just laughed at me!!
Nice location though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nicholas t
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Firstly i'd like to say that this hotel was cheap, really cheap and I did not expect 2* quality so I knew before hand what to expect.

The hotel itself needs a total refurbishment, from decoration to windows.
Reception was friendly and efficient.

Our room [208] was clean but as previous needs new everything. The bed was a small double and not very comfortable. Bathroom was old but clean, good shower but needed a new shower head holder.
There was tea and coffee facilities, tv and enough storage space for our 2 day stay. Again the room was clean. Fresh towels on arrival and the following day.

Can't fault breakfast and the morning staff were very good, quick and polite.

We used the bar area for 1 drink .Again efficient if a bit pricey. A can of Guinness £3.00.

Location is excellent right on the front, step out of the hotel and the promenade is across a road. Short walk to bars and restaurants.

I got exactly what I paid for and would stay again if only for the location and price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've stayed at several 'cheap' budget hotels, but this one beats all of them! The only reason we (family with a young child) had to stay at this place was that I booked very late and all decently priced hotels were fully booked giving me no choice.

THE GOOD: It's hard to say these words after having stayed here, but the LOCATION is absolutely amazing! You get out of the hotel and the first thing you see is the beach and the Pier and having great weather will be priceless for you as you won't have to spend that much time inside the hotel. If you get a room facing the beach you'll be able to enjoy the views, which we didn't get on our stay.
The second positive aspect was the STAFF (mostly foreigners) and by that I mean the receptionists and breakfast waiters and by no means the management / owner. During breakfasts we had 2 days when only one waiter was working on his own but was still making sure to meet all customers' needs and it was evident that the task was too much for one person. The receptionist was also very friendly and accommodating.

THE BAD: As we entered our room we were welcome by a terrible smell that didn't disappear for our entire trip. For some reason it was only inside the room and nowhere in the corridor or reception areas. I had to spray my deodorant every day to ensure the room was breathable.
We booked a triple room, but what we actually got was a double room with a folding bed, which was worse than sleeping on the floor. The springs in the folding bed ensured a) that you wouldn't be able to sleep on it due to the discomfort and b) nobody else in the room would be able to sleep due to the noise they made for every small movement on it. And the double bed itself had a mattress that was thinner than the pillows making sure you got backache when you wake up. Complaining about it was useless as they didn't have any spare rooms or beds available.
The carpet was horrendously dirty and we had to wear shoes inside the room for the entire time as there were stains all over the place. Added to this, they weren't even cleaned as there was a lot of hair and dirt all over the place, especially towards the edges, which have probably never been cleaned.
And I haven't even gotten to the bathroom horror. Literally NOTHING was good in the bathroom. There was hair even in the bathroom and shower and the sink was worse than any train station sink. There were brown stains that were totally very vomit inducing. I had to make sure to close my eyes when brushing my teeth or washing my hands. Additionally, they were still using separate taps for hot and cold water, where one was boiling hot and the other completely cold. The mirror again was so dirty with big permanent marks that you wouldn't wanna look at yourself in it. The shower was the most useless shower I've ever seen. The rate at which water was coming out was so low that I couldn't even wash my hair properly. Plus the door wouldn't close properly with no lock inside.
There was no double glazing, which meant that you'd hear the seagulls and the massive exhaust fan of the neighbouring hotel from the window.

So, don't stay here unless it's the absolute last choice you have even if you intend to be out and about during the day.

Room Tip: Don't stay here (If you have to, pick a room facing the beach and on the first floor)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family