“Dirty, old, run down, basic”
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Dirty, old, run down, basic”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

£39 for bnb - Not worth the money

The bed sheets were crisp and clean and as we were only sleeping there whilst visiting for a birthday party we weren't looking for top class accommodation.

I have to say though if you want anything more than somewhere to crash with a drunken head then don't stay here. The floors were covered with sticky dark brown stains, our bedroom was clearly not hoovered, the shower and bathroom were relatively clean mind you and we were provided with plenty of tea coffee and milk but the kettle was so old I wouldn't have wanted to use it.

The receptionist was friendly but had very poor English. There were multiple workers there....either working or living in, we weren't too sure.

The hotel served its purpose and provided a bed but if you wish to enjoy your stay this is definitely below standard and not something I was happy to pay for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank leanne j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I cannot say anymore than anyone else has said. This place was just dreadful and was not worth the £65 a night for a supposed family room. Upon entering the room after being served by the friendly member of staff, we were greeted by a very outdated, shabby room. The bed for the adults was a very basic metal framed affair. The childs bed was no more than a put up camp bed, both with very thin matresses that probably cost a fiver down the local market. The room was filthy, carpet needed a good clean. The bathroom, well what can I say. The shower cubicle sliding doors were broken so replaced with a small shower curtain. The extractor fan had more fluff in it than my navel and was very dirty. The sink was I don't know how old and was very marked from years of a leaky insecure tap. The bath mats were nothing more than mats used to wipe your shoes on (and were dirty). The furniture was very plain and very basic (flat pack not screwed together very well) and the tv aerial lead was running lose around the edge of the room. The curtains only just fitted across the window and the heating was on permanently which meant we had to sleep with the window open. The next morning, it became apparent that the temperature control was quite difficult to regulate on the shower and at one stage the cold was full on and it was still too hot (I think the next room may have just flushed the toilet). Breakfast was nothing to rave over and I can't rate that either. I was shocked to hear the lady talking next to us stating she had been back many times....she either had a far superior room to us or had very low expectations. I was very disappointed that we were not asked how our stay was when we checked out. If I hadn't paid the price prior to being given the key I think I would have offered no more than £30 for the room upon check out. Very very dissatisfied :-(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bean2CV

Travellers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival I was impressed with the location of the hotel...right on the seafront and I had a seaview single room. I think some of the other reviews are honest...it could do with some decorating but for £25 a night incuding cooked breakfast it is the cheapest hotel in Llandudno. I normally stay at the hostel in Llandudno in a dorm but for £2 more per night I got breakfast and a single sea view room. The room is small but hasb end suite and other than the radiator being on permanently I had no complaints. You can just come and go as you pls and the staff are foreign but try hard to make you feel welcome. Overall if you looking for cheap and cheerful its excellent but if you are used to 3 star+ then you need to look again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Holyhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

stayed for one night 1st of may, hotel is in dire need of refurbishment bed was clean breakfast ok! but,,,, furniture in room broken big crack in window ledge! cracked pane of glass in windowl whole hotel needs upgrade and decorating my tip ,,,, stay in the sister hotel the IRIS so much better would not stay in the ELSINORE again! only good thing is the location of this hotel!

Room Tip: stay at the sister hotel the IRIS!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ROBBIE122
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

after reading all reviews was worried about staying here, but wasnt that bad, room was clean, staff were nice, location brill... for the price its very good...and the cat is lovely and very friendly, would defo stay here again... do seaguls ever sleep tho? could hear them yaking all night...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jo J
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What can I say that has not already been said: dirty mouldy room, the toilet seat kept falling off,
soiled sheets that the hotel blamed on the laundry company (my reply was they did not put them on the bed), curtains that did not fit and were almost see through, radiator jammed on full so room too hot. We were staying 3 nights walked out after just one night, when i complained about the room the receptionist just laughed at me!!
Nice location though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nicholas t
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Firstly i'd like to say that this hotel was cheap, really cheap and I did not expect 2* quality so I knew before hand what to expect.

The hotel itself needs a total refurbishment, from decoration to windows.
Reception was friendly and efficient.

Our room [208] was clean but as previous needs new everything. The bed was a small double and not very comfortable. Bathroom was old but clean, good shower but needed a new shower head holder.
There was tea and coffee facilities, tv and enough storage space for our 2 day stay. Again the room was clean. Fresh towels on arrival and the following day.

Can't fault breakfast and the morning staff were very good, quick and polite.

We used the bar area for 1 drink .Again efficient if a bit pricey. A can of Guinness £3.00.

Location is excellent right on the front, step out of the hotel and the promenade is across a road. Short walk to bars and restaurants.

I got exactly what I paid for and would stay again if only for the location and price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple