See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I looked at this hotel very closely before I made a booking .The reason being the price was probably the cheapest in town
So I booked in and when I arrived there early as arranged I was greeted very nicely and given all I needed to know about the hotel . My first impression was how basic it was but everywhere was very clean , the breakfast was excellent so much so that one or two of the diners thanked and even tipped the waiters , very unusual for a hotel I thought but certainly deserved .Anyway my stay here was very nice and would recommend and definitely use the elsinore again . Price unbelievable and situated in an ideal spot for me

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank John W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went to Llandodno for a special surprise,that it was.we arrived 1 pm told to go away as a room will be ready till after 3pm returned as instructed after 3 pm.After checking in and paying we're given the room key,once in the room,no cold water,no shower,no toilet and couldnt even make a drink,tv not working,duvet too small for the bed.staff general attitude could not be bothered,breakfast all deep fried and greasy totally not edible.The worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Stay well clear of this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 16 May 2014

All I can say is, basic, sheets very clean but they had no mattress or pillow protectors on, which is a shame so slept on top of bed, shame about the rest of room and the hotel, this place needs to shut down for a while for a full refit and brought up to the standards expected of Llandudno, but hey it was cheap what more can you say. staff very nice, breakfast okay I have had much better ones, only thing really going for it is its prime location,

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ann061
Reviewed 12 May 2014

£39 for bnb - Not worth the money

The bed sheets were crisp and clean and as we were only sleeping there whilst visiting for a birthday party we weren't looking for top class accommodation.

I have to say though if you want anything more than somewhere to crash with a drunken head then don't stay here. The floors were covered with sticky dark brown stains, our bedroom was clearly not hoovered, the shower and bathroom were relatively clean mind you and we were provided with plenty of tea coffee and milk but the kettle was so old I wouldn't have wanted to use it.

The receptionist was friendly but had very poor English. There were multiple workers there....either working or living in, we weren't too sure.

The hotel served its purpose and provided a bed but if you wish to enjoy your stay this is definitely below standard and not something I was happy to pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank leanne j
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I cannot say anymore than anyone else has said. This place was just dreadful and was not worth the £65 a night for a supposed family room. Upon entering the room after being served by the friendly member of staff, we were greeted by a very outdated, shabby room. The bed for the adults was a very basic metal framed affair. The childs bed was no more than a put up camp bed, both with very thin matresses that probably cost a fiver down the local market. The room was filthy, carpet needed a good clean. The bathroom, well what can I say. The shower cubicle sliding doors were broken so replaced with a small shower curtain. The extractor fan had more fluff in it than my navel and was very dirty. The sink was I don't know how old and was very marked from years of a leaky insecure tap. The bath mats were nothing more than mats used to wipe your shoes on (and were dirty). The furniture was very plain and very basic (flat pack not screwed together very well) and the tv aerial lead was running lose around the edge of the room. The curtains only just fitted across the window and the heating was on permanently which meant we had to sleep with the window open. The next morning, it became apparent that the temperature control was quite difficult to regulate on the shower and at one stage the cold was full on and it was still too hot (I think the next room may have just flushed the toilet). Breakfast was nothing to rave over and I can't rate that either. I was shocked to hear the lady talking next to us stating she had been back many times....she either had a far superior room to us or had very low expectations. I was very disappointed that we were not asked how our stay was when we checked out. If I hadn't paid the price prior to being given the key I think I would have offered no more than £30 for the room upon check out. Very very dissatisfied :-(

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family