All reviews tea and coffee making facilities excellent value for money excellent breakfast short break orme
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having read some awful reviews, we were pleasantly surprised. The location is excellent. The staff were friendly. The Breakfast was fine and served efficiently. The room was adequate, clean and the facilities were fine. The stairs, corridors and general appearance need TLC. But as there are no lifts and tight corridors you can see why the paintwork gets knocked about. Overall for a 2 star hotel it was fine. The bar was not open during our stay but as there are many pubs and restaurants nearby this was not a problem. For what we paid on the seafront it was a bargain. We would certainly stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ideal location, convenient for all amenities. Now then, this is by no means a boutique hotel, nor does it set out to be one. It offers adequate accommodation at extremely reasonable rates. Our room was at the back, very quiet. Bed clean and comfortable. The place is dated, and could well do with a thorough purge and some paint, if not a refit, but at these prices you cannot complain. The shower was rather grubby, and this would upset many people. Breakfast very good, and staff very polite. They did their best. I'm not going to slate the place.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarw
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I looked at this hotel very closely before I made a booking .The reason being the price was probably the cheapest in town
So I booked in and when I arrived there early as arranged I was greeted very nicely and given all I needed to know about the hotel . My first impression was how basic it was but everywhere was very clean , the breakfast was excellent so much so that one or two of the diners thanked and even tipped the waiters , very unusual for a hotel I thought but certainly deserved .Anyway my stay here was very nice and would recommend and definitely use the elsinore again . Price unbelievable and situated in an ideal spot for me

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank John W
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went to Llandodno for a special surprise,that it was.we arrived 1 pm told to go away as a room will be ready till after 3pm returned as instructed after 3 pm.After checking in and paying we're given the room key,once in the room,no cold water,no shower,no toilet and couldnt even make a drink,tv not working,duvet too small for the bed.staff general attitude could not be bothered,breakfast all deep fried and greasy totally not edible.The worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room tip: Stay well clear of this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 16 May 2014

All I can say is, basic, sheets very clean but they had no mattress or pillow protectors on, which is a shame so slept on top of bed, shame about the rest of room and the hotel, this place needs to shut down for a while for a full refit and brought up to the standards expected of Llandudno, but hey it was cheap what more can you say. staff very nice, breakfast okay I have had much better ones, only thing really going for it is its prime location,

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ann061