“Worst hotel in the uk!!! Never stay here!! The stone beach will be more comftable!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Never stay in this hotel, it's dirt there is no hot water the walls are paper thin you can hear every thing from a tap turning on to people changing the TV! The beds are so uncomfortable and old you'd be more comftable sleeping on the stone beach!!
I unfortunately had to stay here for two week while working in Llandudno, I didn't sleep for two weeks, I tryed te breakfast once and was extremely ill. If you pay by card they take as much as they please and even take the odd 20 after you leave and when I called to ask why they denied all knowledge. I asked to speak with a manager every day for two weeks yet she was never there. I will never book into this hotel again! I'm not even sure it can be called a hotel, I'm sure a hostel would be more comftable!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Skyepalin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

After reading through reviews I was worried after booking a 2night stay here however......

Granted it is not as attractive as it's 4* neighbour but it was perfectly adequate and good value for price paid

Accommodation
The room although dated was clean (I inspected mattress under bed, sheets, toilet and shower) it had plenty of tea and coffee and a working tv my only gripe was the mattress which was cheap quality and I couldn't have spent more than 2nights sleeping on it

We had a sea view which was lovely with beautiful opening

We only ate the breakfast which was in our opinion good
Tea coffee juice
Cereals
Toast
Full English which was piping hot and we didn't eat again till evening so good portion size.

Although very few British staff everyone was very polite and friendly

On the whole we found it good value for money, it is ideally located near the pier and 5 min walk from the tram up to the Orme

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kirsty9771
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

stayed here over night we had sea view room first room we went in smelt of cigarettes disgusting suppose to have been none smoking hotel so asked to go to snother room which was fresher it was clean had wi fi lovely views but the shower was taped all up the cups were dirty iron burn in the carpet breakfast was ok helped yourself to toast juice cereal unlimited and cooked breakfast was ok not brilliant staff was friendly there was a bar lounge but didnt use it cost us 45 for the room and breakfast so good value standard alot

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mandy W
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in room 204 an we had a lovely 4 night stay, the staff were great, so helpful an friendly, we had a lovely sea view an beds were comfy an clean sheets an fresh towels each day. The shower was nice an hot, the breakfast was so nice an service great so we tipped our waiter at end of our stay. I went with my daughter an my mum an we enjoyed it. Llandudno lovely an we got on the coach by pier up to great orme an we walked to happy valleys, an we went on mini train to west beach. Good break.

we enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank lmor2014
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having read some awful reviews, we were pleasantly surprised. The location is excellent. The staff were friendly. The Breakfast was fine and served efficiently. The room was adequate, clean and the facilities were fine. The stairs, corridors and general appearance need TLC. But as there are no lifts and tight corridors you can see why the paintwork gets knocked about. Overall for a 2 star hotel it was fine. The bar was not open during our stay but as there are many pubs and restaurants nearby this was not a problem. For what we paid on the seafront it was a bargain. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Mark D
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ideal location, convenient for all amenities. Now then, this is by no means a boutique hotel, nor does it set out to be one. It offers adequate accommodation at extremely reasonable rates. Our room was at the back, very quiet. Bed clean and comfortable. The place is dated, and could well do with a thorough purge and some paint, if not a refit, but at these prices you cannot complain. The shower was rather grubby, and this would upset many people. Breakfast very good, and staff very polite. They did their best. I'm not going to slate the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sarw
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I looked at this hotel very closely before I made a booking .The reason being the price was probably the cheapest in town
So I booked in and when I arrived there early as arranged I was greeted very nicely and given all I needed to know about the hotel . My first impression was how basic it was but everywhere was very clean , the breakfast was excellent so much so that one or two of the diners thanked and even tipped the waiters , very unusual for a hotel I thought but certainly deserved .Anyway my stay here was very nice and would recommend and definitely use the elsinore again . Price unbelievable and situated in an ideal spot for me

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo