“waste of money”
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the only thing that was good was clean bedding and checking out ,it is a dump would not stay there again sooner sleep in car. the breakfast good but the staff could do with having custermer service could do with some improvment,the hotel could do with a full paint job,dont know who owns it but you did not see anybody in charge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
There are newer reviews for Elsinore Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We expected Faulty Towers and up to a point, it is a bit like that. However, for £45 for 2 people B&B you cannot really complain about decor, paint and lack of ambience. The location is good, safe parking 2 streets up for £8 over-night. The breakfast was good with crisp, white table-cloths and fast service. On the plus side, the bed-linen and towels were crisp and white. The big minus for me was the lack of mattress cover and the climb to the 2nd floor without a lift. The poster outside advertisers 'Special Offer: 2 nights Dinner & Breakfast for 2 £139, Half BROAD included'. It is difficult to complain!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, room was terrible, staff were ignorant, bar area only sold bottled beers and spirits also bar closed at 9.30pm. breakfast was the best part of the stay. The whole hoteld needs modenising.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank adelechristina
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights, I normally have 2/3 places I usually stay at, but they were fully booked. So I found this hotel online, read the reviews, good and bad, and impressed about the tariff, booked in for a couple of days. Pros- nice bar lounge, and TV lounge. Lovely breakfast, pleasant staff, good price. Cons- TV in room didn't work, but I wasn't that bothered. No plug in washbasin, again no problem ,as I have had this problem in other hotel, so I always carry one. Walls very thin, you can hear everything going on next door. Stairs and corridors could do with a lick of paint. All these cons have been mentioned by others, but unlike those who have given bad ratings, I,m going to give 4 stars, because what do some people expect at these prices. Make no mistake I would rather stay in my favourite places, but if I have to, I would stay in the elsinore again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were wary about this one as it obviously doesn't have the greatest of reviews, but we were on a budget and this fit. The carpet and shower were a bit dirty, but it was bearable. If you can, buy your own toilet paper because it disintegrated and that wasn't too pleasant. We booked a twin room for the sea view, and it had a double bed and a single bed in it (a nice surprise). The view was lovely. We were quite exhausted at the end of each day, so the beds (although not quite tempur-pedic) served their purpose.

The breakfast was terrible. We were asked for our breakfast order by three different servers, and English was not their strong point. I didn't think food could be so salty, we ordered eggs, bacon and sausage and got one of each. We were unable to finish even the eggs because they were too salty. The toast was stale. The apple juice was the saving grace. It wasn't great, but at least we could drink it. We didn't return for breakfast on the other days- it was easier and healthier just buying food in the Sainsbury's local, and eating it in the room.

The people at the front desk were friendly enough, and let us check-in half an hour earlier.

Room Tip: What made it worth the stay was the sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel this year. Yes its a cheap hotel compared to many others in the area and the rooms are small and in need of a revamp as is the shower in our room, but overall its clean, fairly comfortable and includes an ample breakfast. The situation of the hotel is perfect. Its just across the road from the prom and the views are beautiful from the patio to the front of the hotel. Other hotels in this area with the same view were around twice or three times the price. We stayed there for 2 and a half weeks and yes at times service at breakfast was slow or a bit haphazard but hey why pay twice the price that other hotels ask when this is a small clean hotel. The staff were friendly and if asked would do what they could to help you as was the case in my first visit and I would certainly use this hotel again after all its a room for sleeping in not living in. I feel some people who have reviewed this hotel unfairly must have been expecting too much for the price they paid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Valbanks
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know about people leaving bad reviews because don't forget this is not a 5 star hotel. If you want a 5 star hotel then pay for one. My wife and I stayed for a night and had a great time. Sure it's old an a little run down but if you're on a
budget then this is perfect. Eben comes with a nice breakfast. Room was clean, shower was good and so was the bed. We would go back for sure. Awesome views from front rooms

• Stayed: June 2014