“Dire”
Review of Elsinore Hotel

Elsinore Hotel
Ranked #60 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Adjacent to the well known and highly rated George Hotel on Llandudno prom. Fantastic sea views. Plus side ends here.
Front steps dirty and slippery
Reception dowdy
Carpets drab and poor
Light bulbs out/missing- perhaps as well
Room small, furniture dreadful and broken, best used for bonfire night
Ensuite tiny, shower broken and dirty

Didnt stay
Dont stay

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2010

I only wish I had read these reviews before booking into what we thought was a "hotel" and I use the term loosely!
Dirty carpets, toilet with lovely yellow stains, the shower cubicle falling to pieces, what looked like blood stains on the walls, radiator that was as much use as a chocolate fire-guard, windows that let the gale force winds in rather than keeping them out (oh - they did roll up towels and put them along the windowsills to combat this problem) and to top it all off - a bug running over us while laying in bed!!!!!
Would I reccommend this hotel to a friend? HELL NO - the only recommendation I have is that this HOVEL is shut down as soon as possible!!
The worst part was probably having to come out of this hole right next to probably one of the biggest and fanciest hotels Llandudno has to offer and having to look at how nice, warm, comforting and welcoming the place looked!
Painful!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katy3699
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This establishment was the only one I could find with availability in Llandudno over Christmas and it was particularly cheap. I only needed somewhere to sleep so I wasn't filled with great expectations. I've read other reviews but I didn't find the staff particularly unhelpful. They probably get defensive as they would have to deal with numerous complaints from high expectation customers. I had questions which they answered to the best of their ability at all times. The hotel seemed deserted, the room was small but functional (except for the TV which didn't matter to me) and there were many apparent maintenance issues. I noted thst the staff were on hand and relatively enthusiastic for breakfast on Christmas morning. However, given the price and location I would have to say I was not dissatisfied.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank rh_slash
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I've stayed in Llandudno a few times, never had a bad room yet until booking in the Elsinore. This hotel has got to be close to being shut down. It was the only hotel left with vacancies in town. I wander why? Did not attempt the breakfast thought better of it. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happydiver69
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I stayed with a friend at this hotel for one night. From the moment we walked in through the front door, we knew this would be quite an ordeal!
The receptionist was rude and unhelpful, and certainly not the smiling type.
The room was dreadful. To say the windows were draughty would be the understatement of the century - we used the curtains to try to block the wind coming in. The radiator was not working properly - we actually went out and bought a key to bleed the radiator so that we would get some warmth! Although that worked, the room remained terribly cold. I spent most of the night shivering in bed - and you've guessed it - there were no extra blankets provided.
We did not dare try the food.
Why hasn't this hotel been closed down? Its a very sad blot on the very beautiful Llandudno seafront.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fishguardboy
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We booked on line for one night and of the hundreds of places we could have stayed in we picked this dog hole. As soon as we entered the place we realised we had made a terrible mistake. It is more like a seedy house of multiple occupation, poorly decorated and equipped and nothing like as advertised. The staff on reception did not have a clue as to what they were doing and could not even find us a key. The bedroom was just awful with dirty carpets, tatty furniture and the bathroom no better with a stained lavatory pan and pubic hair thrown in for good measure. I dread to think what the meals are like.
How any self respecting person would sleep there is beyond my understanding. Needless to say we found a lovely hotel further up the road.The owner told us the Elsinore is well known as one of the worst hotels in the town.
It is a disgusting filthy hovel and I cannot believe it has a 2 star rating.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2009

Was worried, the minute the abrupt man on reception told me i had to pay up front, before viewing the filth stained hostel like rooms. We left, in ten minutes, only after demanding my money back, from the rude receptionist. Shameful for such an amazing town.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family