“Lovely food,service disorganised...”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

6 if us went here for a Sunday carvery, inside is lovely and clean, booked a table was told the wait would be a hour,not a problem I said we will have a few drinks (took us a while to get served at bar ppl seem to like to push in here) however after the hour was up we were still waiting...and waiting...half an hour later we were called to get our food...hour & a half wait! Food was lovely can't fault it! Gravy was fab proper gravy always makes a difference to your Sunday dinner, service was Okeh, waiting on staff leave a lot to be desired, bar staff are busy & seem to be stressed here on a Sunday but do there best,won't let any of that stop me going again as the food is great will just make sure I book well ahead next time...

2  Thank Youngatheart15
There are newer reviews for Gwesty Links

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visiting family ,after a long journey it was suggested we go the Links Hotel we very much enjoyed our meal and the venue was pleasant.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Enjoyed the food here service was longer than expected and the day that we went it was very quiet with just a handful of guests.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

A party of 10 of us ate here for Sunday carvery and I can honestly say it was excellent.

A choice of 3 meats which were all very tender . The sides were all in smaller serving dishes than you normally see in other carvery setups which meant all the roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and a good selection of vegetables were all fresh and from where we were sitting could see that the waiters were always bringing new dishes out to replace the empty ones.

I must add that unlike alot of carvery's everything was really piping hot .

If you want a proper Sunday roast without the hassle of doing it yourself you will get it here.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We went to the Links for family lunch. We were very disappointed with the food, the fish dish especially, the sweets we ordered with custard came luke warm and the service could have been better. But my main concern is, that I have emailed the hotel twice and neither time have had the courtesy of a reply. To my mind this is unforgivable. We will not be returning.