“Good Food?”

Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mr B's Cafe/Bistro is one of Llandundo best known places to eat, from a BIG full breakfast, coffee/tea,along with a selection of cakes and home made scones,and of course our freshly made sandwiches with our famous hand cut chunky chips(and we mean chunky), lite food for lunch with our daily freshly made soups. Our daily special popular with offerings from around the world,from an authentic Malaysian beef Rendang curry, through to hearty game casserole. Sunday lunch is fantastic using locally sourced topside of beef, and Welsh lamb along with giant home made yorkies,gravy and all the trimmings With a full bar service, and a wine list that will not break the bank. See you soon
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked a table for 8.00pm greeted by a very nice man who explained the menu and specials. Told us somebody would take our order directly. 8.35pm waiter arrives and informs us that any food would be at least 35 mins. Left to walk the streets of Llandudno looking for a restaurant. Thanks a lot Mr B. Try the Cottage Loaf pub it is excellent.

1  Thank Drew080159

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My son in law and I ate here a few days ago and it was excellent. They even cooked me a meal that was not on the menu. The waiter was so friendly and gave us information about finding different locations that we asked him about. The WiFi was good too. I will be returning to Wales soon and will definitely be visiting Mr B's again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ate lunch here - 2 courses including small glass of wine for £15. Didn't seem to be any restrictions on what you choose from the menu on the deal so I presume we could have maxed out the value to about £25. I wasn't greedy and chose whitebait starter and seafood Chowder main (which probably would not have come to much more than £15 anyway).
Starter was massively generous and stylishly presented. By comparison, the Chowder was a bit disappointing but OK. My friend had fish-cake starter followed by fish and chips and reported both were very good.
The kitchen is open so you can see them prepare your food and the decoration stylish. The menu choice is large with dishes ranging from cafe basics through bistro style Mediterranean and
and even a Malaysian curry.
Service is friendly and matey, certainly not formal.
I thought overall it is very good, not exceptional, but would highly recommend people to try. I will visit again.

1  Thank Largesarge1961
Reviewed 28 May 2014

me and my partner stumbled across mr b's while on a recent weekend away to Llandudno and popped in for a breakfast we both had a full welsh breakfast with pot of tea and I must say as breakfasts go this was up there with the best not only on taste but value as well and we was never made to rush like other places and made to feel welcome so the next night day before ending our trip away we decided to have a late lunch to set us for the journey home we both had the sea bass as we was told how it was local caught and fresh in just hours before well what can I say about this other than excellent it was not just perfectly cooked but tasted full of freshness couldn't of had a nicer piece of fish we did manage to save room for the brownies with ice cream which once again was fresh and full of taste which was more than enough to fill us up for the rest of the day the only sad thing about mr b's is that it's not local to me but be assured that you now have two new customers every time we are in Llandudno thanks Kurt&kerry

2  Thank Kurt W
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We visited over Easter weekend myself, my husband, mum and daughter the staff were friendly and accommodating especially when it came to choosing something for my 14 month old daughter. The food was delicious and the portion sizes were more than generous we left full and happy. We would definitely go again and would strongly recommend a visit you will not be disappointed. See if you again soon hopefully next time to enjoy one of your theme nights (without the baby :)

2  Thank Sarah B