“Still the best in Llandudno”
Review of Annan Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Annan Hotel
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
“Still the best in Llandudno”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a number of times both as a couple and as a family and it never disappoints. Firstly, as you will notice when you drive through the town, all the other places dont have anywhere to park, or if they do there is no guarantee of a parking space. Parking may be free on the street, but finding a space is not always easy. The Annan have a free parking space for every room, totally stress free and the car park is right outside the main door.
We walked in to a lovely foyer area in the traditional style. As we approached the check in desk and pressed the bell, a member of staff appeared. No delay, we got our room key straightaway with a smile. The room was spotless. Radiators and water both lovely and hot. The bed was extremely comfy as were the pillows and quilt. Again, everything was spotlessly clean. Free tea and coffe, flatscreen tv and a really clean bathroom.
We had a lovely sleep as the hotel is nice and quite.
The next morning, we went for breakfast and table number is as per room number so really easy. Also, the check out info was on our table so as a result, checking out was a doddle. They even let us leave our car after we had checked out so that we could have a walk around town and along the prom before we went home.
The breakfast itself was excellent and plenty of it.
Throughout the stay, the staff were excellent. Very helpful and friendly and a credit to the hotel.
The only downside of our stay was that we did not get to see Debbie, but we appreciate that she is really busy. We havevenjoyed talking with her in the past and she was brilliant with our kids.
We were shocked to hear about Andy and would like to send our deepest sympathy. Its great to hear about everybody helping out and Debbies strength of character to maintain what is without a doubt one of the finest B&Bs in the Country.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bianconero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I arrived at the hotel a 18:15 I was given a key to a very small double room on the ground floor, when I went into the room I noticed it had a small arched window above the main window with no curtains. I went back to reception to get some towels and toilet roll as none where in the room and when I mentioned the window and my concerns that people from houses across the road could see in the response I got was a shrug of the shoulders
Breakfast is only served between 8:30 and 9:30 and being as I had to travel to work and be there for 9am I was not able to have any but yet the hotel still charged me for it
The lounge bar is situated on the ground floor but unlike other hotels in Llandudno they do not close it for the consideration of other guests at 11pm resulting in people in the bar laughing, screaming and shouting into the early hours, once they have gone to bed and you think that you might get some sleep the hotels dog starts barking just to make sure that you don't get any
The room cleanliness is none existent as the same piece of rubbish was on the floor when I first entered the till I last left the room
I have stayed in several hotels in Llandudno and I can honestly say this was by the worst experience I have had

Room Tip: If you are on business and you need to be somewhere for 9am then set out early so you can get some b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Steve S
annanhotel1, Owner at Annan Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Hi Steve
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and we are so sorry that you had problems during your stay.
We were sorry that the little arch window above the big windows was a problem - this has been the same for over 50 years however we can understand that the light may disturb your sleep particularly during the daylight. We would have obviously moved you to an alternative room immediately had you requested.

We understand that the housekeeping issues were rectified straight away and again we apologise for any inconvenience.

Our breakfast times do vary and under normal circumstances we do offer early breakfasts for our business guests. However, we did give you a room that was discounted by £24 per night.

We are a quiet hotel and we were sorry to hear that you were disturbed by guests using the lounge/bar. The group concerned were 3 couples who come regularly to walk our beautiful area and they were asked to be quieter on the night concerned.

It has been a particularly difficult time for us with the death of Andy, my husband, and partner in the business, in October. We have kept the hotel going with the help of temporary staff and friends and we are so sorry that you have felt it necessary to review us so badly. We so wish we could have been made fully aware during the 4 night stay of your situation so we could have put everything right. We hope to welcome you back to the Annan again.

Regards, Debbie
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have just spent 4 lovely days at the Annan Hotel and we will definitely be going back again.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly, always smiling and very helpful.
I could not fault anything about the breakfast and they were so happy to create the breakfast you wanted. The one thing that stands Annan out from other hotels we have stayed at for breakfast, was the fact they used known brands and not the cheap alternatives. There was so much on offer that we were full all day.
The hotel is spotlessly clean from the front entrance right through. I can not complain about our room as it was clean, comfortable and a perfect base. I was however concerned about the state of repair to rhe very old window frames. We always have a window open and when we opened on of the windows, the whole frame came open and the glass was about to fall out, this then only left one very small window that we were able to open. This however did not and will not stop us going again, we have now found the perfect location for our weekends in Llandudno and the fact they have parking is a complete bonus and it was great being able to leave it there for four days safely.
Thank you to all the staff you're amazing. See you all again very soon

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank June J
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Hotel was clean, staff very friendly and helpful, room was good, breakfast was excellent. The car park is the bonus, its plenty big enough although with leaving on the Friday it was only possible to leave the car there till lunch time which was fair enough. I left at around 10 and got on the free parking on Gloddaeth Ave which was brilliant. Hotel is positioned well for the town, the pier and prom, the tram up to the Orme, West shore and Haulfre gardens. The guests lounge was comfy with people gathering there before going off for dinner and meeting up again when they arrived back, great company for me on my own. I bought sandwiches etc one very wet night and stayed in the lounge which was preferable to being alone in my room. Will definitely go again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pauline D
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Myself and my husband stayed along with my parents and we all could not fault this hotel. Both rooms were lovely and of a good size, the welcome tray was adequately stocked and replenished daily. Breakfast was lovely and the staff were very attentive and pleasant, the hospitality bar although whilst we stayed was quiet was very welcoming and cosy . The large car park ment we didn't have to worry about the car all weekend.

Will be coming again and would recommend to all ages

Room Tip: room 11 had a lovely view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
shropshire
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Had a great stay. Nothing too much trouble, even allowed to leave the car on car park all day on the day if departure. My son arrived early with a young baby, they were allowed their room as soon as they got there. Will definitely stay there again, clean, hospitable, and great value. Only one negative, stayed in room 17, and bathroom did let it down, smelt damp, and nowhere to hang clothes whilst showering!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mizzyshropshire
Kenilworth
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was looking for a reasonably priced single room (often scarcer than hen's teeth), and the Annan has two of them! Quite small but sufficient size, clean, well appointed. About the smallest flat screen TV I've ever seen, but I only watched the news on it. Good range of options for breakfast and friendly service. One table per room, so you don't get a choice of where you sit; OK for me, but I was sorry for the couple sitting in the back corner of an almost empty room. I was a bit suspicious of the coffee, too; it came so quickly and didn't have the feel of freshly brewed ground coffee.

The staff are really helpful too; helped me work out the sunday bus timetables, and let me leave a bag after checkout.

This may not be the most uptodate, luxurious hotel, but it makes up for that with charm, location and value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo