Seaclyffe Hotel
  • Breakfast included
St. Tudno Hotel(Llandudno)
US$171
US$164
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Beachfront
The Oasis(Llandudno)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdavid urquartgreat ormemobility problemsrecommend this hotelbasic roomcoach driververy nice hotelstreet parkingtwin bedsfirst classnice breakfastwould stay againevening entertainmentfirst floorbay windowtown centremy mum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We usually find it quite easy to write a list of positives for the hotels/B&B's we've stayed in but unfortunately nothing much positive to say about the Seaclyffe. The location, however, was fantastic right near the sea front and on the same road as the tram station that takes you up the Great Orme.
The room was so small there was no space to move at all. We understand that it was a busy weekend as the Victorian Extravaganza was taking place but that is no excuse really for the room being so poor.
I have never seen such a small bathroom. I don't even recall there being a little shelf on which to put your toiletries etc.
the decoration really needs to be looked at too.
The reception staff were always kind and friendly but breakfast service was so slow and we has to get up ourselves to get things from other tables as we had asked for things a couple of times already so it got a bit embarrassing. The waitress got a few things wrong and the food wasnt very nice one one of the days.
We felt this all was a real shame as we were very much looking forward to our weekend in Llandudno. the hotel looked pretty good on the website but didnt meet ur expectations
I had a look at a few other b&b's in the surrounding area and wish we'd booked them instead.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oneils08
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We have just returned from a 4 day breaks to this hotel with David Urquhart holidays and had the most wonderful time thanks to our hosts Christine and Clive who joined in with everything and made it a real family atmosphere.
When we arrived we werent sure what to expect as everywhere was a bit disorganised and our room on the top floor was a little on the small side but as we only use it for sleeping in it was fine altho I must say it is rather noisy at night due to people coming home as it is the main road back from the entertainment round the corner but I must say the hotel itself is very quiet.
Christine is amazing she cant do enough for you and if she doesnt stock your favourite tipple she will get it in for you as she did with me for which I was really grateful. the dining staff are also lovely very efficient and always smiling and the food was excellent , served warm and fresly cooked, hats off to the chef .
The entertainment was also very good bearing in mind most of us were 60 somethings we had a bit of everything to suit all tastes.
The hotel is almost over the road from the Great Orme railway , there is also a great pub next to that called the Kings Arms , I think it may be Llandudno's oldest pub and can recommend it for its friendliness and great decor.
It is a short walk to the beach and town and very near to Happy Valley.
This is not a 5 star hotel but sure makes up for it in friendliness, homeliness and good food. thanks Christine and Clive we will definately be back

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Myra H
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed with a friend ank holiday on the last bank holiday weekend in May. The hotel is very friendly - esp Clive and Christine the owners and the staff. Breakfast is very good, as other reviewers have written the rooms do certainly need updating but I understand that they are doing one room a week. We had a twin room which was okay for 2 nights (NB I pushed beds together to make a double bed), bathroom had bath but no shower, not really a problem for us. I suppose it depends on what you are looking for - I found the hotel to be very friendly and the facilities fine. Llandudno hotel admittedly is Llandudno after all, it is not Las Vegas so in a strange way it compliments Llandudno itself. The hotel has no parking but this did not prove a problem to be honest, you can park around the corner, it is near restaurants and the foot of the Orm. What I would say is that it is not a venue for disabled people as there stairs - but then again the hotel does not advertise itself as such anyway. I can see why people might be disappointed with the decor, but as I wrote earlier the friendliness made it for me. And so despite awful wallpaper and lack of shower I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Papadon11
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We had a fabulous break at the Seaclyffe. The food was excellent. The bedroom was very clean (room 21) Entertainment laid on. The bar area and staff there were very pleasant and friendly. Staff in the restaurant were very good and nothing was too much trouble. My friend and I found that Christine & Clive were exceptional hosts. Thanks for a lovely time. Christine Reid & Joan Bowyer xx

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2011

The Seaclyffe is by no means the worst hotel I've stayed in. The Service form the owner was exemplary and the location couldn't have been better, It's close to the seafront and local shops and restaurants but parking could an issue, there is no reserved parking and there could be a chance you'll be parking a few minutes walk away. The bedrooms were clean as was the bedding but for a family of 4 it was very cramped. The bathroom was tired and in need of a spruce up and the added bonus of hearing the extractor fans whirring away from the rooms below us every time somebody woke up to use the toilet, the wardrobe was broken and un-usable. I had to say my sleep quality was low. They have live entertainment that was quite loud but did finish at 11pm.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family