“Nightmare experience!!”

Chatsworth House Hotel
Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed in room 176 I was dismayed to find that the room was filthy ,the window was stuck together with grime,which had to be opened by a member off staff using brute force.I got drenched to the bone by a burst pipe in the toilet and received no concern at all from the staff . I was eventually moved on to another room which was a slight improvement on room 176 at least the window opened !!
I walked past broken glass from a wine glass left on the dining room carpet , it was still there when I left the dining room 45 mins later
All in all a place I would never return to !!

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 6 May 2013

this was booked for one night away break, was not happy with the place at all, very dated and old fashioned, our bathroom had a white toilet, pink sink, and a peach bath...the windows were falling apart stuffed with cardboard to stop them from moving, blankets on the bed, clean bed though..creaky, spongy, floorboards everywere, this hotel was only used for older people on coach trips, we asked to get an eveing meal and was told by a waiter, because we were not with a coach we cannot eat here,so we had to go out for food which is not good,we bought a pint of beer and a glass of wine it cost over £8.00 which is terrible, i think that money needed to go toward decourating the place. the swimming pool has a scum line all around the tiles and damp on the walls ,no were for your clothes to go only on a chair, we were allowed in for breakfast though which was very basic, a very 1970,s place all around, stuck in a time warp coach trips only

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stayed here on a long weekend break with National Holidays. Very nice hotel. Food very nice. Hotel clean. Staff friendly. Comfortable room. Would recommend. I will return but next time I will book a sea view room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank chandrah874
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Firstly I didnt choose this hotel as it was part of a national holiday 3 day break. The staff at the hotel were all lovely, although on the first night the dining room staff were very young and a little disorganised. The room was an adequate twin, clean but dated and quite a bit of wear and tear was evident throughout the hotel. The food was plain and at times cold but you got plenty of veg!If you have mobility issues make sure you get lower rooms as it is a bit of a warren.I went with 3 friends and the laughter got us through. National are well known for cheap and cheerful breaks, so if you want 5 star you'll be disappointed. Im always flabbergasted when people get back on the coach and moan about everything! What do you want for £89!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheena1410
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel is excellent, well located, good value, great food, warm rooms, good views, clean rooms and friendly staff - particular staff of good note are the waiter who I think is called Joe, also the lad behind the bar and the staff who clean the rooms.

The entertainment sounded good and the swimming pool is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SAH4390
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I am 52 but decided to go to this hotel by way of a Caledonian Travel holiday on my own. The hotel staff made me feel very much at ease. They were extremely helpful and even let me move room because I was not happy with the room they had allocated me, although strictly speaking it was fine. The food was plentiful and very edible, in fact it was hard to come home. The rooms were very clean and nice and cosy. The whole hotel had a feeling of being safe. The owners have made the best of what is obviously an old building in constant use. Lift worked perfectly, which is more than can be said of other hotels I have been in, and most importantly the staff always had time to deal with anything that was being asked of them. Great location. Great place for a stress free break. Everyone left with a smile on their face and in a very relaxed mood.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have a great sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank mmaxGlasgow
Reviewed 23 March 2013

A warm,comfortable and friendly Hotel, food excellent no complaints with the quality,good choices and substantial portions. Our main two more mature waiters were always 'on the ball' but the two younger perhaps less experienced waiter/waitress at breakfasts seemed to miss out table 13 most mornings,I wonder why ?
Our room was on the top floor,which was what we requested,very well equipped although dated but that was no problem,the radiator was very welcome as our week was bitterly cold. We had visitors looking through the window most days,We nicknamed ours Reginald (the seagulls tapped on the window with their beaks, no titbits from us though)
The entertainment was good,both vocalists and comedian, no inuendos,good clean fun.
Plenty of seating in the bar/lounge areas, bar prices not cheap! in our opinion, the coffes came from a machine,capuchino was awful.
It seemed everything was run like clockwork,housekeeping good,rooms visited every day,linen fresh and towels soft.
One thing to note,the Hotel is a maize of narrow corriders,nooks and crannys.
All in all a very pleasant experience,shame our trip was only a 5 day coach tour. (Majestic)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple