“RISING DAMP”

Chatsworth House Hotel
Ranked #49 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is not tired it is asleep and dying. We stayed at the Chatsworth hotel on a National coach holiday. We were allocated room 308 and have never seen anything like it.The room was filthy it must have last been decorated over 20 years ago. The wallpaper was dirty discoloured and peeling. The skirting boards had a build up of dust and dirt. The rest of the woodwork peeled down to the bare wood. Again discoloured. The bed was falling apart. The base down to bare wood and the headboard filthy with greasy headmarks on it. Tiny bathroom. Mould on sealant and tiles.The wash basin which was actually in the bedroom had constantly running taps which would not turn off. Went to reception desk to complain. Given a frosty reception but eventually allocated room 356. This was not muich better than the other but we had to accept it. Bed really hard. Decor, bathroom just as bad as previous room. Is this acceptable in 2013 that people have to put up with these conditions. On their website they are showing photos of their refurbished rooms. These do not represent the majority of rooms in this hotel. The staff were indifferent to the guests and could do with some PR training.The food adequate but plain and not much choice. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not accept rooms 308 or 356
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank R J

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were greeted to staff members staring through the window grinning and laughing as people arrived. No one said hello at the front desk and in fact carried on their conversation without assisting us. The room was basic with the smallest bathroom I have ever been in! The ladies who served in the breakfast room were very personable and are a credit to this hotel. Some of the other servers need a bit more customer service training. We were often ignored which I really hope doesn't reflect the way they treat their older patrons. The food needs a bit of a rethink. They obviously cater for a mass market but it means that quality suffers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank HelGriff
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The decor is pure 70s and brilliant if you like retro. if you don't, the brown and orange swirls are more than compensated for by the staff, friendly and accommodating without being obsequious. I was at a convention and my coughing and snoring was keeping my room companion awake. Eventually I was afraid to sleep as well. The manager gave me another room, free of charge, no quibbling. The breakfast was good (veggie) and the pool clean and well heated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank escapecommittee986
Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a missed opportunity... A booking for over a hundred guests all in one go . No assistance from hotel staff when coaches arrived no real engagement with guests by the staff over the weekend . Bring back school dinners ...it would be a great improvement on the food provided by the hotel.. I can understand catering at a price.. But what price repeat business. . Inspite of being aware of the time scale of events the guests where involved in over the weekend guests had to leave their rooms by ten. The hotel CLOSED the till five o'clock when guests could retrieve their luggage themselves to load the coach themselves , it may be a local custom to close a hotel on a Sunday ...have no regards for your guests feed them portion controlled meals and give the impression we where all in the way .you where left with the thought that if they could just take your money and not let you in they would have been very happy . This may be a family run hotel one can only assume they had gone on holiday to a good hotel lets hope they have had a good experience and bring some bon ami back to a rapidly declining establishment ..rooms good ..staff working well ....management out of touch with customer care ...to much focus on making a profit ..not enough on customer service and interface get those correct and profit will follow . I guess 100 plus potential guest will not be returning and not recommending their experience to future guests ..I look forward to reading trip advisor reports from other guests who where there over the weekend I would not want to be accused of being biased

STAN RUSHTON

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stan R
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our stay at this hotel was to be our second stay we had stayed there two years ago and we had a very positive memorable stay, the room was good and the food was pretty good, the service was pretty good

When we stayed there in August this year I requested that we were given the use of a ground floor room because I had developed Severe Osteo Arthritis, in my right leg and mobility is a problem. When we booked in, I was given a third floor room and after asking for a downstairs room we were allocated room a room not fit for a person for a paying customer, every thing was wrong. We accepted this room because we felt that there was nothing more suitable. The dining room we were allocated was at the far end of the hotel meaning a long walk via the other guests dining room. The food we were given was average because we had booked with Travel Style and they had negotiated a lower price for their clients, meaning we had a second class service. I would not recommend this Hotel to my friends or anyone else the staff were not interested in my complaints and as they appeared to be under new management I sensed that Travel Style was synonymous with poor service. We will not use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not travel with Travel Style, book direct with this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gaynor1964238
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Although the hotel could do with updating - I understand it is in the process of modernisation - we had an enjoyable stay.
We were a party of eight on a National Holidays coach trip.
The rooms were comfortable although we did not get a sea view - you had to pay extra for this.
One downside was my mum's room. Was supposed to be easy access. It was on the ground floor but along a twisty narrow corridor with two steps in the middle.
The food was good though not a big choice. I had to have fish on both days, for the evening meal, as I don't eat red meat and did not fancy the vegetarian meal.
Overall good stay.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Check under the bed, you're in for a shock!!!! Not been hoovered for years. The place is filthy, the staff don't care!!! Avoid wherever possible!!!!! Just one big dirty hole and back in the 1970s .can't call this a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013