“Terrible”

and 1 more site!
Chatsworth House Hotel
Ranked #50 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 16 December 2013

When we arrived, I thought it looked lovely. Situated right on the front overlooking the promenade, it looked promising from the outside. Once inside, you will find a dated and dirty reception which is manned by a young girl who is extremely rude and unpleasant. The room we were allocated was small and dirty and overlooked rubbish bins. The bathroom (which was clean) was much like a caravan toilet. The bed was uncomfortable, you could feel the springs and there was cigarette burns in the blanket. The food was delicious, no complaints about that and the service at dinner was very good but I didn't like that you were sat next to strangers! Who wants to eat christmas dinner sat next to random people? The entertainment was brilliant, however, our room was right above the stage and the floor literally shook with the noise when we eventually retired to our room. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Rebecca B
There are newer reviews for Chatsworth House Hotel

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have just returned from a lovely weekend break at the Chatsworth house as one of a party of 19 adults and children. It was originally a booking of 24 but due to illness 5 of the group had to cancel at short notice the night before. When we rang the hotel to tell them about the cancellation they could not have been nicer and cancelled 2 of the rooms without any charge to us. When we arrived check in wasnt until 3 so we went for a walk and returned and sat in the lovely warm spacious lounge with a drink. When we eventually got our rooms I was very pleased. Room 151 is lovely with a double bed and 2 singles for our family of 4 it was spotless and had a lovely sea view and a big bay window. The rest of the party were also pleased with their rooms. The evening meal was nice and hot and you could aslo pick from 3 choices. The children could have seperate kids meals or the same as the adults(same size also). Breakfast was a full english and again delicious. The entertainment was good and we had a free raffle on the saturday night withe some great prizes. We used the pool on the Saturday and we were the only people in it, the pool was clean and well looked after. We had great weekend the staff were nice and helpful. After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was dreading what I would find but need not have worried. I would recommend this hotel and will be going back again. If I had to find any fault with my weekend it would probably be with some of the people staying there and not the hotel. I think they must have forgotton they were kids once and looked at us like we had lepers with us, but to quote one lady staying there "the children in your group are a credit to you" they certainly are!

Room Tip: Room 151 is a good family room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank nichollsclaire
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stay with a large family group for a Tinsel and turkey weekend, and what a great time we had. This hotel is great value for money, good food with excellent services and great entertainment. Rooms are clean and well equipped. We had a large bay fronted family room with great views. For the price we paid for a family of four for DBB was brilliant. I have paid more at other hotels for one night room only and to pitch my tent in a field for two nights without amenities . Would definitely return again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank psaville
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had a fabulous time at the Chatsworth House Hotel this week. It was clean and warm, with plenty of hot water for showers. The food was good, the staff were very friendly and always on hand if needed. The entertainment was 1st class. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Couldn't fault our room had sea views great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynda H
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband I spent a two day weekend break with National Holidays at the Chatsworth. We have been to this hotel before so were a little perturbed by the resent reviews. However, yes, this hotel is a little dated but we found our room very clean and comfortable. The food was of a very high standard, especially the breakfasts, and our "Turkey and Tinsel" Christmas meal" which was very good. The staff were friendly and efficient and we have a great time.

We will definitely be going again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LandSW
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Chatsworth over the weekend with a large coach party. I have to say it was really nice, very friendly staff nothing was to much trouble .
The hotel was warm clean, it was very central and close to all the amenities Llandudno has to offer.
All in all a very pleasant and enjoyable stay .
Would highly recommend the Chatsworth Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela A
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Have just returned from a 2 night stay with 52 other people (private party).

The hotel is in a prime position with many rooms overlooking the sea. My room was number 153.
One double bed and one single. The bedding was clean and the room was cleaned both days. 2 large windows overlooking the sea.

The food was very good, plenty of veg and thick slices of meat. You need to pre-order vegetarian food at reception.

The night entertainment wasnt to my taste but my party happily danced the night away.

For the price we paid I consider the hotel good value for money.

Room Tip: Would recommend room 153 for the views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends