Overall the Hotel facilities were reasonable for a property of this age, many of the rooms having been recently refurbished.
The Staff were pleasant enough and willing to help however there were some shortcomings with their organisation.
The restaurant Staff seemed to work hard but the 'waiting to be served' times varied greatly and were often lengthy. Frequently the emphasis was on setting tables for the next sitting whilst Guests had to wait long periods for their next course., On a more serious note - the Fire Alarm was activated at about midnight on the final night of our stay. Everyone assembled outside the front entrance where chaos reigned. No staff were initially present and Guests were left to wonder what had happened or what was required of them. Eventually a type of roll call was performed by two staff members but the effectiveness or success of this action was far from convincing. Guests eventually started to drift back into the building after the fire brigade had arrived but again no formal instructions were given by the staff. All in all this was a far from satisfactory operation and by pure luck the reason for the alarm was minor - we believe - we dread to imagine what would have been the outcome if a more serious incident had occurred More emergency training is certainly urgently needed. On a more happy note, the food in the restaurant was very good on the whole with very generous portions. The evening entertainment was acceptable but some guests would have liked a Bingo session, not us we hasten to add ! The arrangements for the passage of guests through the performance area was far from satisfactory, all passing between the artiste and the audience, which was very distracting and sometimes embarrassing for those concerned Thankfully our stay was a short one luckily with friends who also share our views!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Victorian hotel situated in the centre of the promenade. The beach is opposite the hotel and the main shopping street is directly behind and only minutes away from the theatre. We have a very limited spaced free car park within the hotel, the majority of parking is on street on the promenade (£1.50 per day low season £3.00 per day high season (correct at time of posting this message)). Badge holders have free unrestricted parking, except in the coach bays. Please feel free to contact the hotel for any further details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chatsworth House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chatsworth Hotel Llandudno
- Chatsworth House Hotel Llandudno, Wales