Myself and a friend have just returned from a coach trip with sunrise hoildays.After being to many budget coach trips I have never been glad to be home,The coach driver and his partner were the ones who made our hoilday and wales as it is a lovely place to visit.
Now to the hotel itself.For a grand uk hotel it has to be one of the worst all mainly down to the managers.I have never been made to feel so unwanted and unwelcomed before to any hotel.and that reason is because of our ages.we are in our late 30s.A guy called des who seemed to do everything in the hotel was so rude(other guests said the same)esp at our meal times..shouting at my friend like a child to sit down!I even had to go else where and eat one night as i felt uneasy eating there.but he seamed to allways smile and be polite to the older guests!anyway the only good thing he did do was get the telly fixed for us as it was not working when we arrived.
Apart from the managers(who should be retrained in customer service),the staff(lack off) were nice,the chef did a great job and made great food and it was allways hot and the service was quick but breakfast was OK!apart from you could not help yourself to cerel ect..
As for the rooms they need a good lick of paint and a good clean.The maids did their best.some peoples showers were rubbish hardly any hot water or any coming out.The.tvs were old.curtains thin and my friends mattress had a hole in!oh and rooms were sooooooo hot.
I have to say thank you to the guy we had on sat night he was so funny!
For what we paided it was ok,but if i had gone on my own and not with a coach trip then I would of walked straight out as in the same area you can get a nice b and b for 20 pound!
As One of the guests said its more like The Grand ash hostel!run down in most places and staff smoking outside esp des the manager!
Its a shame I have had to write a bad review but Grand uk Hoildays need to sort this hotel out
Sorry but I would not return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 2 star budget full service hotel in a central location we have a lift serving our main floors, car parking is available in the streets surrounding the hotel and is not restricted. Breakfast is substantial and is included in your rate. Direct bookings are welcome, please note we cannot cater for guests with pets, or for persons who have severe mobilty problems owing to space limitations. We are close to shops, cafes and pubs a regular bus service is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Grand Ash reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Ash Hotel Llandudno
- Grand Ash Llandudno
- The Grand Ash Llandudno, Wales