We stayed in an attic room which featured a tiny window which didn't open more than 6", a damp smell which perpetuated throughout the hotel, an uncomfortable bed with springs that poke you in the back or side, disinterested reception staff, a TV on which you can only receive one clear channel in English, damp in the corner of the room causing the paper to peel and the paint to flake, a lamp that didn't work due to the bulb having been put in at 45 degrees and never tested (?!) - don't worry though I screwed it in straight so it works now...
It was cheap (£40 on Booking.com) but come on guys, standards must be kept up and this falls well short, I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd rather have slept in my car but sometimes when I enter a room that's this tired my heart does sink somewhat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 2 star budget full service hotel in a central location we have a lift serving our main floors, car parking is available in the streets surrounding the hotel and is not restricted. Breakfast is substantial and is included in your rate. Direct bookings are welcome, please note we cannot cater for guests with pets, or for persons who have severe mobilty problems owing to space limitations. We are close to shops, cafes and pubs a regular bus service is available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grand Ash reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Ash Hotel Llandudno
- Grand Ash Llandudno
- The Grand Ash Llandudno, Wales