“nice little guest house”

Tilstone Guest House
Ranked #79 of 144 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Oldham, United Kingdom
“nice little guest house”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My husband booked us a 1 night stay for our anniversary, lovely house very friendly our room had lovely big windows & lovely original features. It was 5 minute walk from a little gem Italian called Mario's. Breakfast was lovely , We had a great stay.
ok It was bit cold when we 1st arrived but we just turned radiator up, Houses that old tend to be bit nippy .
To say Dissappointing is bit mean i think.

Room Tip: Turn radiator up when you 1st arrive
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope you had a lovely anniversary in Llandudno at The Tilstone and hope you will return again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hawarden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We have just got back from 2 nights at the Tilstone Guest House in Llandudno. We received a very warm welcome from Lynne (the owner) from the minute we arrived. We stayed in room 1 which is very comfortable with a cosy warm en suite shower room. The room was spotless and we had a view of the very rough sea. It was only a 5 minute walk from the theatre, which is why we were there and only 10 minutes from the main shopping area. There is a bus stop right outside for the less mobile. We were given a lovely breakfast each morning, plenty of tea and toast, couldn't have asked for more. Had a good chat with Lynne a few times she was very amusing. Well done !

Room Tip: would recommend Room 1. Good view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for you lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again.
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Having stayed at Tilstone before this trip was a disappointment. Our room was large but cold. The bathroom was very child and the shower was warm but needed to be hot. The owner told us that she was happy to just break even and unfortunately that was how the hotel felt. Very sad as I would have recommended it on our last stay but not now.

• Stayed February 2013
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us this time!
I would have hoped that seeing this was your third visit here you would have been able to tell me that there was a problem with the room & en suite being cold.
I therefore may then have been able to do something about it.
But you decided not to.
As regards to your comment about breaking even. This has totally been used out of context to a conversation we were having.
I am sorry you feel this way and hope you may return another day.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We spent 3 nights in this guest house and we have nothing to complain about. Very good location, very clean beautiful and spacious room. Breakfast was very well cooked.
The highlight of this guest house was Lynn and Steven's hosting skills. We asked about nice places around Llandudno to visit and Steven was brilliant suggesting a route to us, drawing a map and pointing a few places worth visiting. We had a wonderful day out!
We also had a good laugh with them! Thanks Lynn and Steve for the pleasant stay!
Ana & Leo

• Stayed December 2012
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you for your review. You were a lovely couple and it was our pleasure to look after you. We hope 2013 brings you what you are wishing for and hope to see you again one day.
wigan
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed in llandudno over the christmas period dec 24 - 27th
on arrival i was picked up from the railway station by the proprietor, which i thought was a very kind and nice touch. Steve and Lyn both made me feel very comfortable during my stay they are both a very warm and friendly couple who made me feel very welcome and gave me lots of information on the local area. The hotel itself was of a high standard and spotlessly clean and tidy. I was staying in a single room and regard it as one of the best that i have stayed in. It was very quiet at night and i got a sound nights sleep, which is unusual for me!
the breakfast was of excellent quality and plenty of it for a greedy person such as myself!.
Personally speaking i really can't find fault with the hotel or the owners and can only heartily recommend to anyone to come here wether as a single traveller or family, you will not be dissapointed, the only dissapointing thing was having to go home1

thank you steve and lyn for a wonderful break!

Room Tip: I am more than sure that there's no problem here which every room you will receive. the whole h...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank blabheinn69
Thank you for your lovely review. It was our pleasure to have you stopping with us and hope 2013 brings you the things you strive for! Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Llandudno for 3 weeks as I was on a business trip. I spent 12 nights (Monday to Friday) in the Tilstone. The owners, Steve and Lynne are great- very friendly, always willing to help with anything you need. Definitely the nicest and kindest hosts I've ever met!

The house has a great location and is a really lovely place. I stayed in 3 different rooms, all of them were nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean. The hostess definitely keeps the house spotless. The rooms are cleaned every day so it was nice to come back from work every night and find your room so tidy and welcoming!
Because I had to leave for work at 7 am every morning, I only got to try the breakfast once on my final morning. This just showed me what I had missed since the food was lovely!

I highly recommend the Tilstone. I am hoping to return to Llandudno and stay at the Tilstone again one day. I hope the next time will be holiday, not work:)

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your very lovely review. You were the perfect guest and hope you will return for a holiday next time.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and had a really good time. The location is great, not the closest to the centre of Llandudno, but there is great food available very close by (Mamma Rosa's Italian was great value for money). There is plenty of parking close by, not offroad but the streets are busy enough that you feel safe leaving your car there.
The owners are very friendly, and are always willing to help, the personal touch made the experience staying there that much better. Highly recommend the breakfast option, even if it means starting your day a little later than you might want.
The room was very comfortable, the ensuite was a little smaller than expected but that doesn't detract from comfort.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea-view room, the view in the morning is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lynne J, Owner at Tilstone Guest House, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.