“Business Trip”
Review of St. Kilda Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
St. Kilda Hotel
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Swansea , Wales
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This hotel was booked for me as I was attending a Conference in Llandudno. The reviews looked OK. The staff were very friendly. The hotel was busy and holiday makers appeared to be enjoying themselves. As with other establishments in Llandudno they catered for an older group of holiday makers (generally coach holidays). The decor was very dated but again suited the clientele. I was supposed to have a sea view but guessed that this would not be the case when I realised my room was at the back, so there was no surprise when I looked out onto the car park. The tiles in the bathroom ceiling lifted up and down during a particularly windy night and kept me awake. The plastic flower in an old fashioned vase beside the bed seemed to sum up everything about the hotel for me. Disney classics, played on the saxaphone was piped into the dining room at breakfast.

Had I been paying the £85 per night to stay at this hotel then it is likely that I would have complained. However, I didn't, and for that I am grateful

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view and pay extra for superior
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TracyHSwansea_Wales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Just arrived home after a one night stay in the St Kilda, i took my mum as a belated mother’s day gift, she loves Llandudno and this hotel was recommended to me by someone i work with.
First i have to say thank you to the staff, Brian in particular what a little star he is (thank you)
On arrival we were offered Tea and scones which we took in the lounge overlooking the sea front what a wonderful view, i left mum there whilst i went to the room, i had booked a superior sea front room with this being a special gift for my mum i wanted her to be able to sit and look at the view. The room was beautiful and it did indeed have a fantastic sea view, but sadly you would have to stand by the window to see it, if you sat on the bed the view wasn’t so good, so off i popped to reception and asked for the bay room which Brian (he really is brilliant) said was available so i upgraded to that for the extra cost. The look of joy on my mums face was well worth it, she thought it was wonderful, promptly sat down and asked me to make coffee for her whilst she enjoyed the view :)
im a stickler on cleanliness and im really happy to say St Kilda was very clean, the towels were crisp and fresh just like the sheets all lovely.
Dinner promptly at 6.30 and was very nice indeed not mountains of food but enough to satisfy. and the entertainment was really good i knew all the songs played by Laurence and sang along

there are a few things i think that need to be addressed such as no individual sauces for dinner or breakfast, the pots of sauce on offer were passed around from table to table when we had finished with them, and the hospitality trays in the rooms were really basic and when you’re paying £95 per night per person i think perhaps a biscuit on the trays would be nice.
Breakfast was basic as for the full cooked welsh .. i was a bit shocked at 1 sausage, 1 slice of bacon, half a tomato, half a slice of fried bread and a fried egg, all served on a very small plate so it looked more than it was, bit of a let down for the price i thought even

overall it was good stay and my mum loved it so much i have promised to take her again in September.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Zen-1958
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed for a long weekend at the St Kilda in April. Have stayed at other hotels on the seafront in Llandudno and due to my mum's disabilities have certain criteria which need to be met. Have not stayed at the St Kilda before but it was the only hotel with a twin room and a seaview with walk in shower available in any of the seafront hotels I had tried.
The staff were excellent - Brian is a gem and couldn't have been more helpful. The food was good standard with plenty of variety and always hot.
The hotel itself was somewhat dated - needing redecorating in the main areas and bedroom. However the rooms were clean.
The entertainment was mediocre at best and on the saturday downright painful to listen to - we retired early!. There were some nice touches e.g scones and tea upon arrival was very welcome as I had tried to park for about 1 hour - finding a space on the prom can be a challenge when you have a mum with mobility difficulties. There is a garage provided by the hotel - at a cost. The hotel is central and there is ramped access.
If there is one thing that the management could take care of very easily - curbside appeal!!
There is a paved area at the front of the hotel but throughout our stay there were cement bags and buckets which had clearly been there for some time on and under the tables. What for I don't know as they were not used for the time of our stay. The windows are filthy and difficult to see clearly out of in the lounge/bar area - yes it is challenging on the seafront but there was a hosepipe strewn across the paved area. Dead flower heads and lack of care in comparison to some other hotels. There are a set of steps at the far end of the paved area that are not used but looked like they were crumbling. All it needs is a little tlc.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank 44Jan44
Stockport
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have just come back from a five day walking holiday, good hotel, good food and good entertainment. The staff are willing and friendly, with a warm welcome when you arrive. Our bedroom was a compact double and the bathroom (and bedroom) was very clean and the shower wonderful. Beer 3.20 a pint and the usual no choice only Tetley Smoothflow. Wine 2.75 or 2.95 a glass was ok. The whole group enjoyed themselves. There are also porters for your bags.

Room Tip: The first floor had some bay windows and these rooms would probably be a bit larger.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank horn1
STAFFS
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have just returned from another great weekend at this lovely hotel.this was our fourth annual pilgrimage and it was better than ever.To please our entire party of 44 is some feat and yet this was achieved seamlessly as everyone , Susanne,Brian et al looked after us so well.
the hotel is spotless,the rooms tasteful,the food tasty and ample and the staff friendly and a pleasure to be with.
all in all a lovely hotel , rightfully proud of its travel awards and one that we shall keep returning to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank PULIS8
Cheshire
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My mum stayed at the Kilda over the New Year weekend, I'm submitting this review on her behalf as she's not computer literate.

My mum thoroughly enjoyed her stay at the Kilda. She states that the staff were very helpful and friendly, she was happy with her room, food and all aspects of the hotel. I went to collect her at the end of her stay and met some of the staff before the hotel closed for a few weeks. They were lovely and I'm thinking of having a break there myself. I showed my mum some of the reviews of the St Kilda which are quite negative and she stated that some people just moan for the sake of it and seem to make a career out of ripping hotels reputations to shreds for the sake of it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank CheshireMabel39
Pwani Mchangani, Tanzania
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This hotel is very clean, spacious bedroom, we had upgrade upon arrival , which was nice. Very nice pleasant staff. Food was plentyful, if not too much.
Nothing was too much trouble. Fixed time meals, 8.30am for breakfast, maybe a little late ! and 6.30pm for evening meal.

Room Tip: we were on the top floor at the back, lovely, no noise, lift to each floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple