“Newly improved hotel”

and 1 more site!
Westbourne Guest House
Ranked #4 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The hotel has been vastly refurbished in the last 7 months. The new owners have changed carpets, furniture and soft furnishings and during the 3 nights I stayed there with my daughter they added flat screen tv's with dvd player to all rooms. The breakfast was excellent and the staff offered extra toast and drinks if we wished. We were told that if we wanted to bring in a take-away they were happy for us to eat in the dining room. I think that the bad reviews are doing an injustice and quite frankly I cannot understand who could have made these comments. This hotel could NOT be improved on. The location is perfect for beach, pier, Orme and shops. The two couples who run it are very friendly and I am sure they will build up a regular clientele.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gwg2009

Reviewed 5 January 2012

As promised earlier in the year l have just returned from the westbourne were l have spent a lovely few days with my husband although l must admit l was a little cautious after reading the latest reviews but as l had been there before l decided to go as l had enjoyed my last visit and was glad l did Since my last visit the hotel has been beautifully refurbished from the front right the way through ,the dinning room has been altered and looks completlely different (lf i,d thought on l would have taken pictures to upload but will returning in the summer so watch this space!)and to my husbands delight they have had a bar installed,were we spent an evening with the owners and their friends it was lovely to get away as l recently have had surgery on my foot and have not been able to go out so this little break with people l now consider freinds was just what l needed so thankyou for a lovely few days wetbourne see you all soon (hopefully without the crutches)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michelle d
Reviewed 11 December 2011

New owners made us feel like we were an inconvenience rather than paying guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark m
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Don't book before you see the room. We made the mistake of booking in advance with £50 deposit. When we arrived we were put in a pokey ground floor room opposite reception. The carpet was filthy with two chairs which looked as if they had been picked up off a skip.
The cups were chipped when we went to make a drink. We could not bring ourselves to stay one night, let alone the three we had booked for! When we informed the owner we were leaving, he agreed that the carpet was rank (his words) and they had not got round to improving this room. He then informed us he had two better rooms available. Why were we not offered these rooms to start with?

Room Tip: don't book in advance
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bern004
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The new owners have only been in since August 2011, therefore earlier reports should be ignored. The room has been recently decorated and cleaned well every day. Friendly staff and a good location. Good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Len T
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed here near the end of july with my daughter as i am a vegertarian i am always wairy of staying in hotels and b&bs but i need not have worried were the westborne was concerned the were very accomadating with my food needs the room was clean bright and airy the staff could not have been more helpful feel like i have made some real friends there and look forward to returning in the autum with my husband

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank michelle d
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Booked through Trip advisor
Arrived to be greated by new owners who offered "any issues please ask as nothing is a problem",
Bedroom clean and acceptable.
Eating area and lounge a bit dated.
Customer Service
Unfortunateley my wife and I caused a major upset when enquired if Brown Bread Toast, was available for breakfast? This wasn't available so accepted white bread.
It all went a bit crazy as we were then chastized in front of other guests by owner for causing an upset!
In over 30 years of using all grades of accomodation,I had never experienced such an embarassing incident.
Also found a mysterous entry in Guest Book by myself qouting "Excellent Stay" ?
I will leave you to make your own assumption.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple