Westbourne Guest House
The Queens Hotel(Llandudno)
US$156
US$110
  • Beachfront
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$63
Hotels.com
Hen-Dy(Llandudno)
US$113
US$110
All reviewshome from homefeel very welcomenothing is too much troublebiscuitslovely guesthouseblack puddinggreat ormelittle gemquiet locationroom was spotlesslovely couplewouldn't stay anywhere elseshort breakyogurtexcellent breakfastwarm welcomegreat hosts
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hosts are extremely friendly, the breakfast is tasty and abundant and the sleep quality was good. Parking is free on the residential streets nearby. The shops and restaurants, promenade, pier and tram and cable car are close by. The bathroom was a bit cramped. Our double room cost a reasonable 56 pounds per night in August.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AtriBit
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the Westbourne this weekend We travel with my parents The owners could not do enough to make our short stay more relaxing and enjoyable Both our rooms were comfortable and clean to a very high standard
The owners made us feel very welcome We would recommend this to any one looking for a Guest house it was home from home

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was our 2nd weekend (2 nights) visit to this guest house & just like before we had a home from home experience. Ian, Tracey, Margaret & Ian once again greeted us warmly & are very friendly people. We even had a good chat in the evenings while we had a drink, they even suggested places to visit & see & what attractions there were. There is NOT anything my husband or I can say bad about this guest house. Very friendly & family orientated & would recommend here to all my family & friends. We hope to be back in the very near future & also next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lainy W
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have just returned home from a stay at the Westbourne guest house. We found that Ian and the rest of the family are very warm and welcoming. We stayed in the family room which was ideal for our stay as we are a family of 4, tea and coffee facilities in our room flat screen tv and en suite shower room. Westbourne guest house is ideally placed for all the attractions and a short walk from the beach. Breakfast was served promptly, with a smile and very well cooked. We will definitely be returning here again the next time we return to Llandudno.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason B
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Don`t be fooled with their appearance and excellent reviews. Having read the reviews and on our first contact they seemed very nice and pleasant people. But the truth is opposite.

We paid for 3 nights with breakfast included. They advertise on their webpage that earlier breakfast can be arranged, so we politely asked for it because we wanted to go very early in the Snowdon mountains. We have explained that to our host. We didn`t expect or demand full English breakfast but fruit and cereals. The owner, Ian, promised us breakfast and said that someone will open a dining room in the morning so we can eat some cereals. By the way it is forbidden to eat in the rooms and you can eat only in the dining room which is locked in the morning. So basically you don`t have any option but someone to get up and open you a locked dining room if you want to eat.

Ian completely broke his word and nobody was there that morning, not even to open a dining room for us. I was very disappointed because we had an agreement but didn`t want to wake them up so I wrote them a note: Thanks for the “perfect” breakfast. Having spent the entire day walking up and down the Snowdon mountains , I returned to Llandudno longing for a hot shower and bed, and also expecting the apology.

Instead the owners kicked me and my friend out of their guesthouse!!! They pretended that something is wrong with the door so they can take my key. My 3 suitcases were already in the hall, along with the big black garbage back in which they put the rest of my things!!!

They wouldn’t let me go to my room to see if something is missing!!! They claimed that there was no arrangement and Ian said that he only had said the night before that “he will do his best” so this was not an agreement!!! Can you even believe this was their excuse??? Of course they could not inform me the night before that their best is actually nothing.
They claimed that the note I left them was so offensive (unlike their manner towards me- the paying guest) so I can not longer stay in their house!!! They knew that we had been in the mountains the whole day and that was already past 19h and it would be extremely difficult to find an accommodation elsewhere in the town in the evening, but these “good, warm and nice” people did not care that they made a mistake or willing to admit it. With no shame at all they kicked us into the street.

I was in such a state of shock so I forgot to check my suitcases. On the street I discovered that my biggest suitcase does not have a lock (I always lock my suitcases)!!! So not only did they kick me out of the guesthouse, they also invaded my privacy and forced their way into my big suitcase!!! The only reason I did not go to the police because I was too preoccupied with finding a new accommodation. It was evening and I did not find anything in Llandudno, and we were completely scared to death where would we sleep. So we boarded the train to Manchester where we eventually found a hotel. If we had found another accommodation in Llandudno (or if we were thrown out in the morning or during the day) I would have gone to the police and reported them!!!

I have never been humiliated in my whole life like that. Not only that they broke their word about the breakfast, left us hungry to go into mountains, they also lied to us in our face about our agreement, broke into my biggest suitcase, packed my things into garbage bag and kicked us out. It is unheard of that owner of a guesthouse packs your things and goes through your things. I have never heard not even imagine that it could happen to anyone, and I for one thing travel a lot - especially with kids (I am a school teacher) and have never experienced such a horror story, from one I haven`t recovered fully till this day.
I didn`t break anything, steel, or broke my promise. I wasn`t loud. It is completely unbelievable and utterly terrifying that someone can be kicked out of the guesthouse because of ironic but justified complaint about the breakfast. Never have I heard such an outrageous and scandalous thing. The way they treated us was not human.
They are not only Fawlty towers- they are the worst Fawlty towers ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank davidZagreb
1ian, Owner at Westbourne Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

We have read your review and are all 4 still in agreement that we did the right thing when we asked you to leave. We do-not tolerate rude and abusive behavior towards ourselves or other guests. The decision to ask you to leave was not an easy one but we had to take into consideration our other guests, we feel that this review has been written out of malice as the accusations made are pure fantasy and totally untrue. We asked you to leave because you were upsetting us and our other guests with your behavior. At the Westbourne we work hard to ensure our guest enjoy there stay with us and will not allow any individuals to spoil it for everyone else.