“Excellent breakfast”
Review of Wilton Hotel

Wilton Hotel
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at the Wilton for one night.. Room was very clean and looked to have been recently decorated. My breakfast was nicely cooked and presented with good quality ingredients, there was also plenty of fruit, fresh strawberries and yogurt. I have stayed in many hotels and this was the best breakfast by far! Thank you:)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

i spent a lovely relaxing 3 nights at The Wilton.my room was warm,cosy and spotless.the staff are very helpfull and friendly.from walking through the front door i was very impressed and the vases of fresh flowers were a lovely touch.my room was on the third floor up lots of stairs which i was told about when booking so they wern't a nasty suprise.the breakfast was gorgeous with plenty of choice and none of those tiny boxes of cereal.the service was second to none and they made sure i was catered for with my coffee addiction.i will definatly will staying again and have already told my friends all about my lovely stay at The Wilton.thankyou.

1  Thank 793kim
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My three night break at the Wilton was a walk down Memory Lane for me having visited Llandudno as a child some 60 plus years ago. My Daughter made the arrangements as a surprise.I am now a Solo Traveller so my Room was for single occupancy (Room 13) The Room is Small and without a view, and the same Laura Ashley Wallpaper I had in my own Bedroom some years back.
There is also a well stocked complimentary Hot Drinks Tray along with Biscuits. I was located on the third floor so many stairs to climb,my Daughter failed to note there is no lift. The Reception on the TV in my Room was very Hit and Miss. I would have liked to have watched perhaps an hours TV before retiring. Most of the interference on the TV was late evening,then fine again the following Morning. I did not bring this problem to attention if my Host.The Housekeeping at the Wilton is excellent, and your day starts with a good breakfast,plenty of choice and Hot Food cooked to order.There is a huge lounge to relax. It is just a very few steps to the Promenade and Shops. The Host is very pleasant along with her young Staff.
All in all a nice Break at a Budget Guest House, in glorious LLandudno.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Me and the hubby came here for a long weekend break, Lady owner very welcoming told us we could have permit to park if we needed one , but we managed to park around the back of the hotel . Room was up three lots of stairs out of breath when we got there, would of been nice on first floor for us and we are not that old yet ! Room very clean could of done with a long mirror in there. Breakfast was nice and hot and also plates. Very nice stay.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms prob best for the older folk. as there is no lift !
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Arrived llandudno at about 1600 on Friday and went into the hotel as struggled to find parking as hotel only has 4 bays, but the hotel owner offered a warm welcome and explained that we could park anywhere opposite the hotel or up the hill for free between 1600 and 10am weekly which fitted with our plans to explore during the day and return afrer 1600 to park free :) we where on the second floor in the hotel which is up 2 flights of stairs a mean feat with your luggage if you unfit! - but once into the room it was very nice with all the usual facilities you would expect the wifi box was just outsode our room (7) so excellent signal to watch the game on sky go! Flat screen tv with freeview and dvd player built in. Breakfast is in a large room with separate tables for your party size help yourself to cereals fruit & yoghurts and fresh fruit juice and then after about 10 mins the owner comes to take your order for main you can have traditional english cooked breakfast or any kind of eggs and even kippers if you like that kind of fishy business! Food was plentyful and very nice and the owner couldnt do enough to make sure you where happy. We didnt see her business partner or "other half" she does an excellent job with just her 2 breakfast helpers and they are a credit to the establishment :) days out locally can reccomend the tram up the mountain a 5 min walk from the hotel or conwy castle a 10 mins drive away as for eating at restaurant we ate at "home cookin" on mostyn street which was absolutely delicious and not massively overpriced at £44 for 2 x 4 course meal and we also ate at the lilly bar and grill just a bit further up than home cookin on the same street, this was a bit rowdier but very well priced and food was delicious :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had booked for 2 nights at this hotel, and was very pleased with the position - overlooking the pier, with a sea view and the main shopping area around the corner. We had booked room 5 as this looked to be just what we wanted when booking.
On our arrival we were greeted in a friendly way by Jo. after settling in we went out for a walk on the pier, just across the road from the hotel. we were so pleased that we went back to the hotel and aked if we could book an extra night.
The breakfast was delicious, piping hot, and excellent service. If we go to Llandudno again it would be this hotel again.

Room Tip: roon 5, a double with a bay window and looking at the sea and pier
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank delighted05
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked the Wilton based on the great reviews, however we were disappointed as the rooms we were allocated were somewhat small dull and lacked imagination , both were at the back of the hotel and not the sort of rooms that you would want to stay in for any length of time . Breakfast was very good though. I would suggest that you check which room you will be allocated or be prepared to be disappointed. We have stayed in many hotels in llandudno over the years and the Wilton is NOT in our opinion up there with the best in the price range.

Room Tip: All are not shown on the website , be sure what room you are booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tinkerbellwirral
paul b, Owner at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your room, but all our rooms are decorated to a high standard, using Laura Ashley wall paper and furnishings so if your not a fan of her then sorry you won't like any of our rooms. You didn't mention what was missing or lacking in the room so I'm at a loss as to what could be done to improve them, suggestions would have been welcome. You booked a standard room which are all situated at the rear, the superior rooms are the front rooms. If you visited our website all our rooms are pictured here and you can book the room you like. If you 'check availability' then you can click on the room you wish to reserve. You booked via bookings.com where there are limited pictures and limited rooms available and you also won't know which room you are allocated. The price is also a better rate on our website to encourage people to book direct. Any future bookings you make via the internet always book direct, certainly when booking a small independent business. Jo