“Great service, great view, great big room”
Review of Osborne House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Osborne House
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
England
“Great service, great view, great big room”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

First floor room, great view, spacious and all things others have said. Was a bit disconcerted by nude prints which are not to my taste, would have preferred a nice victorian view of town myself. Had one or two problems with hooks on curtains and blinds not closing properly in sleeping area, reported to reception they said if no one told them they couldn't be expected to fix it,come on, at these prices it is the management's job to check everything is perfect not the guests.
Meal in restaurant very good standard and service superb.

Cooked traditional breakfast was a bit sparse, kippers were brilliant.

1 Thank zostar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Caerleon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We went to the osborne for coffee and a drink one morning,while we were staying in Llandudno.We liked it so much that we booked for a meal the same night.The food was brilliant,as is the hotel in general Superb.

1 Thank bobbydazzler_10
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Behind a terraced stone front building lies the most fabulous interior the decor is just amazing and if you are not impressed with just that wait until you taste the food! Really good value with 3 courses for £19.95 per person too. Lamb shank that was more the size of a leg of lamb, tasty steak,wonderful starters and try to save room for the puddings, home made trifle and chocolate pot. I have eaten on QM2, Queen Victoria cruise ships and in top restaurants all over the world and this has to be one the best. It was so good I wanted to tell you all about it so you can experience it too. Go, go now I can't wait to go back and will as soon as I can. Gushing is over now but you can tell I'm impressed, in fact in love with the whole experience. Thank you Obsorne House 5 star +++

2 Thank Missy S
Northumberland, UK
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We were lucky enough to be treated to a 2 night stay at this fine establishment by the in-laws. We had a twin room on the middle floor of 3 with accomodation while the in laws had the other room on that floor. By room I mean appartment. By accomodation I mean luxury!

The decor is truly unique. It is an incredible mix of styles and at great risk of appearing over the top. However, it works. It works brilliantly. What we got was a feeling of complete luxury but a welcoming luxury that allowed you to feel at home. Normally when staying in a luxury hotel I feel a bit guilty about putting my feet up (like I do in Mum's drawing room) but somehow here I was able to feel comfortable putting my feet up. I have to confess to feeling a little like Bertie out of Jeeves and Wooster!

There are so many lovely little touches that I would never be able to mention every one. There is decent filter coffee in the room with a cafetiere. The fridge has space for a couple of bottles of wine and they provide a really good selection of glasses in the room. The ice bucket was filled each afternoon and I suspect that they sneaked in during the evening to refill it, either that or the ice bucket has the most incredible insulation properties! Home baked shortbread and biscuits were also lovely touches.

The bathroom in our room was fantastic. Bathrooms rarely hold any fascination for me, it is all about function to me. I have to confess to having a twenty minute show as it was just so good. My wife squealed when she saw the bath, a beautiful roll top affair with mid mounted taps surrounded by quasi industrial white washed brick walls. It was so good that I found myself running into town to by her a Cadbury's Flake which she enjoyed in the bath with a glass or two of bubbly.

Personally I hate the standard hotel information book that has a nice faux leather cover but no real content. The guide in this place was the complete opposite. It even contained some great running routes and a note that we could use the rather nice gym up at the Empire Hotel (sister hotel). The guide included notes on how to use the free wifi although the reception isn't great around the room but what can you expect from a hotel that only has a couple of rooms on each floor? That said the connection speed was good. How can I complain really, I couldn't connect from the living room area but I could from bed. Where's the problem really?

The TV was top notch with a good selection of channels. The other magazines and guides offered in the room were in good condition and recent. The room service breakfast was lovely, although only continental the pastries were straight out of the oven and it was delivered at exactly the time requested. For a cooked breakfast you have to walk up to the Empire hotel. We did this but it wasn't worth it; we much preferred the continental in the sumptuous surroundings of our room than the fare at the Empire.

On one evening we ate in a local pub. It was reasonable fare and friendly enough and cost about £85 including drinks for 4 people of whom most had 3 courses. The next night we ate in the Osborne's own restaurant. I should add that I have eaten in restaurants varying from street hawkers in the far east to 2 Michelin starred restaurants. This was without doubt one of the best meals that I have ever had. 3 out of the 4 of us ordered from the special set menu which at under £20 per head is incomprehendibly good value for money. My wife had 2 courses a la carte. Due to heavy alcohol consumption the previous night I was the only one drinking but I was partaking of the rather fine house claret. Despite this, the bill was almost exactly the same as the night before - IN A PUB!!!!!! Value for money wise this was the best meal that I have ever had. Yes they failed to deliver one round of drinks but when we mentioned it the maitre d was straight out to apologise and I'm sure that my incredibly large glass of claret never made it onto the bill. My in laws live in Chester and we all agreed that this restaurant was so good that it was worth driving to Llandudno just for dinner.

This hotel is not perfect, there were some faults. There was a build up of dust in one corner of the toilet skirting, the beds were actually ridiculously soft (they consumed you) and I did find a very small hole on one of the many, many cushion covers in the sumptiously appointed room. Most noteably the anti slip pads on one of the rugs in our room were not functioning properly and did represent a rather serious slip hazard, however I am sure that such attentive management will have sorted this out by now. I can see how some other reviewers were slightly frustrated by the occasional unavailability of staff but you have to remember that this is effectivly a boutique hotel with a large(ish) restaurant and a fabulous bar; there are not many staff and they can't be everywhere at once.

Without meaning to offen the population of Llandudno, this was never a town that I had ever considered visiting. However, I will be going back. There are a number of fabulous shops, the Homefront museum and the Christmas fayre when we visited. However, there is one massive reason for us to return, the Osborne House and it's incredible restaurant.

I hope that the owners and staff of the hotel read this review and can see me say thank you and I hope to see you again in the future. This is by no means a cheap hotel, it is a very special treat for most people but it is absolutely worth every penny . . . . . especially when the in laws are paying! :)

Final note, this is effectivly an adults only hotel. However the Empire (sister hotel) caters well for families.

Room Tip: Both rooms on the middle floor are marvellous. I haven't seen the rooms on the other floors but...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mudcow
West Midlands, England
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I just spent a weekend in Llandudno - always a special place from childhood holidays - but this time enhanced by a first-time stay at Osborne House. Just opposite the pier at the end of the Promenade, its twin bedroom (Helena) took my breath away. Sitting room, bed room, bathroom with big shower and claw-foot bath, opulent drapery and a nice warm coal-effect gas fire, with a view right across the bay. Excellent evening meals too - I ate there both nights it was so good! Treat yourself, it's well worth it.

Room Tip: Helena (Room 103) is the only twin-bedded room I believe.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brianwiz
NOTTINGHAM
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We have visited osborne house many times and had a lovely experience every time. The quality of food and service is second to none.The last time we visited was september 2011.This was our third visit and as usual everything was fabulous.The decor is quite something beautifuly done in a victorian type theme.We would highly recomend this resteraunt when visiting llandudno, it is exellent value espeacialy on a sunday when they do a speacial pre set menu that is just lovely.make sure you book you dont want to miss out on this!.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LOLIPOP39
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We have just come back from 3 days in this hotel and everything was ecellant about it.
the rooms are beautiful and the staff, well there service is brilliant.
the food was excellant.
someone told me it was expensive here but you get what you pay for.
excellant time thank you all very much.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple