“Excellent in every way”
Review of Osborne House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Osborne House
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I treated my friend to a birthday stay at Osborne House. I had stayed previously with hubby so knew it was a fantastic hotel, in every way.
I cannot thank Jo, the Manager enough for the excellent assistance she gave me to ensure that my friends birthday treat would be perfect in every way, nothing was too much trouble and the service received from all staff members was excellent.
Our twin suite was amazing and it was really nice to eat our breakfast, in our room, overlooking the Prom. Jo. The Manager and her team provide an excellent service. Everything about The Osborne is lovely, staff, rooms, decor and food. Please do not hesitate to either eat or stay here, its a treat in every way. Enjoy it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackie H

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Quick summary: very spacious suite-room with eclectic decor. On site parking. Excellent service.

We stayed three nights in the 104 - Katie room, which has an ocean view and across from the pier. The room has a very comfortable, large, high 4-poster bed, sitting area with a sofa and table/cahirs at the window, big desk. The decor is a mix of roccoco antique and modern, with a touch of shabby chic - great ambiance. Big chest of drawers, good closet space, empty fridge for your stuff, coffee/tea makers (delicious press coffee), free wifi performed well. Fireplace in the living room area. You can really spread out here.

As usual, the duvet was too warm, but they responded well and replaced it with a lighter blanket-and-sheet arrangement.

Spacious bathroom with separate tub and shower; good towels and toiletries.

Very nice continental breakfast delivered to your room. You are welcome to go for the cooked breakfast array at the Empire, but we were happy enough with the Osborne offering of pastries, fruit, yogurt, coffee/tea, etc. as you wanted to tick off on the order menu.

Excellent housekeeping throughout. Friendly, helpful, professional staff.

The public rooms also have a lot of personality in the decor -- lots of Victoriana, chandeliers, and erotic art here and there. The bar is a nice palce for drinks.

We ate at the restaurant one night, which was pretty good. It had a wide enough range to please most tastes, but it was a safe menu of starters and mains -- I get the senese that the chef was more talented than the menu allowed him to be. We also dined at Osborne's sister hotel/restaurant, the Empire, and there was a little more adventure (but not a lot.) Good, solid, well-prepared English food. Still, there is a very good deal of a 19.93 pound 3-course prix fixe.

My only real complaint is the confusion with the many unmarked light switches. More than once did we switch off the fridge.

To sum: if you want to stay in Llandudno, this would be a delightful place to stay.

My only other complaint is with other guests, nothte management. Really, people -- do not feed the seagulls that will land on the window sill. Besides carriers of various diseases, they are likely to drop that big chunk of raspberry pastry on the sill and leave goo. Obviously, enough people have given them food that they are trained to visit the sill as soon as they see anyone at the window.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms really add to the atmosphere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mme_X
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We had a day out yesterday and headed to Llandudno. Hadn't been for years. Walked around town for a while and found Osbourne House hotel after reading the great reviews on this website.
There was a standard Sunday lunch menu and it was great quality and value. Service was superb, which it should have been given there were only 4 tables occupied (Marray was playing in the final). It was very enjoyable, relaxed and we wished we had been staying so that I could have had another glass of wine and sunk into the comfy-looking sofas in the lounge!
One question: What's with the ceiling and walls in the dining room? They look like they've suffered from candle smoke for a hundred years and although it's quite a shabby-chick look, it's beginning to be at the point where it's frankly scruffy. It irritated me every time I looked at it.
Don't let it put you off, this is a great place with a quality product.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank timchambola
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The old Victorian building has a warm feel when you enter. The mixture of old and new decor is a perfect balance.

The food, which is of a very high standard and locally sourced, is always fresh and beautifully presented.

The rooms are spacious and, in my opinion, even better than The Dorchester!

Osborne House is well worth a visit!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MDT_12
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Visited Llandudno recently after a long gap and pleasantly impressed - town looks good and a lot more upmarket.
Had lunch at Osborne House: set price for three courses at £15.00. Dining room is well appointed and it is evident the owners have made the effort to make eating here an enjoyable experience. Bar area is good too.
For the price paid the standard of the food is top class and akin to what you would expect in more expensive restaurant or top end hotel.
Very good british seaside town restaurant . In the same league as the Wentworth Hotel in Aldeburgh and the Swan in Southwold for food - which in our opinion are also very good.
Osborne House - 9/10

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ManchesterPagey
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We took a punt on this place having driven from York for a last minute couple of days away. I looked on Trip Advisor at various options for Llandudno & Conwy, but couldn't make my mind up so we decided to simply drive over & find somewhere on arrival. We struck lucky! We had room 104 (Katie) which was excellent (& as descibed by other reviewers). My only negative comment with the room was that it was cold without the curtains drawn as the wind was howling in from the sea & the old sash windows are only single glazed. We simply took the duvet from our bed & snuggled up when we watched a bit of telly.
We were offered (by John who was brilliant & a huge asset to this hotel) a dinner/bed/brekky option at £175 which we took for our first night. I've read other reviews praising the food, but our experience was not good. My partner ordered scallops but thought they were not cooked properly. Despite me saying not to eat them she did - & ended up with two days & sickness & the runs. I ordered prawns in chilli sauce & they were OK only. My partner didn't eat her main course saying that it was horrible. I had the fillet steak which was a very nice piece of meat cooked well & with a very good peppercorn sauce. But... I specifically ordered my veg well cooked & it arrived al dente. I asked for additional carrots & they arrived when I'd finished my steak. All in all a very poor experience.
We spent so much of the next day in our suite as the weather was simple appauling. With the front curtains drawn it was an excellent place to chill out & relax. Went for a worthwhile ride out to Betswy Coed later in the day then back for an evening meal - not at Osborne House! Went a few hundred yards away to La Taverna (read my positive review!) & had a very good meal.
Summary: maybe we were unlucky with our food here? Loved the suite & will definite return. They do have a sister hotel (The Empire) around the corner, but we didn't have time to check it out. Pretty sure that we'd prwefer Osborne House regardless!

Room Tip: There are only eight suites & we believe they are all excellent
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BruceYork
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We use this delightful place to eat whenever we are in Llandudno as we were tipped off by a former hotel inspector and relatives. So when we decided to stay in one of the rooms we were not disappointed, in fact I think I would be hard pressed to think of a room that has made me smile soo much.It was more of a suite than a room with a sitting area as big as a lounge, a kitchen area with fridge and the nice touch of home made biscuits.The en suite bathroom was very spacious with a walk in shower and one of the biggest roll top baths I have seen with plenty of hot water (enough room for two).The staff where excellent even to the point of bringing our breakfast and newspaper of choice to our room on the top floor ( we had the Attic room ).While relaxing on the large sofa in front of the fire after dinner we met a couple who had eaten but not booked a room as they were staying elsewhere, they soo wished they had stayed at Osborne House. We would recommend OH to anyone for lunch or an overnight stay anytime soon.

Room Tip: With no lift, the higher up the stairs you go the cheaper the room, but the service is just as excel...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple