“Pig Swill”

Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
wigan
“Pig Swill”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Would not recommened this dump to my worst enemy By far the worst place that i have ever stayed in. The food was inedible in fact i doubt if the PIGS would eat it

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank gwen h
MWilliams59, General Manager at Bay Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Hellow gwen h, I am genuinly sorry you clearly have not enjoyed your stay with us. I cannot accept your comments that we serve pig swill and do not believe Trip Advisor was set up for people to post reviews of this nature. I acknowledge that not everyone has found our fair to their liking, but there are pleanty who have. I am lucky to have had the same kitchen crew for a number of years and they are consistent in what they do and committed to producing enjoyable food. If you raise specific issues, I can address them with the kitchen crew, to raise the levels of satisfaction we achieve. Marcus Williams, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

amongst other drinks i ordered was a lime and soda, in England the usual charge for this is 0 (Weatherspoons), or up to 50p, some places charge up to 50p for the lime but the soda is always free. The Marine ......Wait for it!!!!!.... charges £3 yes three pounds for a pint of lime and soda,

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JayneF1
Hi JayneF1, thank you for raising the issue of what we charge for Soda and squash. As it happens we charge 50 pence for cordial as you have rasied other places do. Having read your review, I have discussed with the bars manager, not to charge for soda in squash in future. I hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and thank you for your post. Marcus Williams, General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Llandudno hotels

England
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The hotel needs some refurbishment but I did not see the mould etc mentioned by others. The rooms are quite basic, but it isn't advertised as five star! However the location is super, and the staff are brilliant. My mother was rushed into hospital during our short break, and the staff were very supportive; making sure I had a salad available when I returned late in the evening, and finding me a room when I had to stay after the break had officially ended. I booked the break through Shearings, and they did not contact me at all to offer help or support, unlike the hotel manager and staff who did what they could. I've awarded four stars because of the excellent customer service and consideration they showed at an awful time in my life.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fixitmjc
MWilliams59, General Manager at Bay Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Hi Fixitmjc, I hope all is now well with your mother and we were happy to do what we could for you whilst you were here. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of the hotel. Maybe we'll see you again in the near future. Many thanks, Marcus Williams, General Manager
Leighton Buzzard Beds
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I spent a week at the Marine hotel Llandudno a week or so ago, I sent all my details, age 69 etc to Sheerings, and what did I end up with was a room with a bath and no shower, consequently I had most days a flannel wash all over but one day with the help of my wife I tried a bath, well it took 1 second to get in and 10 minutes to get out and if it wasn’t for the rail on the wall I would had to call the fire brigade.
Whilst in the bath I noticed a crack in the u/bend of the toilet and a chip in the bowl.
The bedroom wall over the bed head was marked with grease from peoples heads and the floor carpet was threadbare, also the radiator rusted with paint flaking off, apart from that the food was good and the staff were excellent, SEE PHOTOS. The ongoing wheelchair lift that is caput is still not working.

Room Tip: If youe aged always ask for a shower in the bathroom
2 Thank gunward
Hello gunward, firstly I am sorry the room you were allocated did not have a shower. It is not always possible to guarantee requests but we do our best when allocating rooms. I agree the room would benefit from refurbishment and I am expecting to be able to do this next year. Thank you for the praise you have given the meals, the staff and for taking the time to post your review. Marcus Williams, General Manager.
Clitheroe
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel from the 14/10/11 to the 17/10/11 with forty friends,the food was good and the rooms were clean but most of all the staff were polite and helpfull,nothing was too much trouble.Ok it is not a five star hotel but they go out of there way to make you feel like you are staying in one.All in all they make you feel welcome and i dont think fortytwo people can be wrong.Thankyou for a great stay,we will be back!

Room Tip: seaview iff possible
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank usandhim
MWilliams59, General Manager at Bay Marine Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Hi usandhim, thank you so much for your lovely review; I am really glad all 42 of you enjoyed your stay and you are welcome back anytime. Marcus Williams, General Manager.
Milford Haven
Reviewed 7 October 2011

A bad experience at this hotel.
Single top sheet on double bed, the sheet was turned, making it a foot short !
Wallpaper peeling, ceiling sagging, just not acceptable
Due to low water pressure toilet would only flush once in the mornings.
The water pressure also affected the shower, had to crouch down with the handset to get a dribble of water.
Staff are ok .
Drinks are a rip off eg. 500ml carafe of red wine (from 3litre wine box) £9.60 . Nice mark up!

2 Thank Michael M
Hi Michael M, I remember speaking with you for the first time about the issues you experienced on the Friday morning before you departed the Hotel. I have investigated the room you were in and have rectified the issues you raised. I have also addressed the room attendant who incorrectly made the bed. Regarding the bar prices, we are comparable to local pubs and as I am sure you are aware wine is increasingly dispensed from bottles with screw tops as well as bag in boxes throughout the hospitality industry. Thank you for your comments. Marcus Williams, General Manager.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed three nights at this hotel, the only positive thing I can say is it's a great location directly on the sea front and the staff are friendly, otherwise it's shocking! It's more than "tired" as some have described this hotel, it's exhausted! The most important thing is we would never go to this hotel again. It was dirty, the beds old and cheap and we had to run around the shower to get wet. The pool had a green algae around the whole edge and not at all inviting, although my husband and I did go there to use the shower which was marginally better than the one in our room. The window frame in our room was rotten and the bathroom door hanging off it's hinges. Food not much better. We were given a table number and were surprised when we saw the table pushed up against another one with another couple we had to join, like it or not! But do go and see the amazing beauty of North Wales and Snowdonia, it was breathtakingly beautiful.

3 Thank macmoore007
Hello macmoore007, I am sorry you didn't find the hotel to your liking. I do not agree that the Hotel is 'exhausted' or that there is any algae around the edge of the pool. Where possible we put couples on tables for two although I agree some tables are close together. This is so we can accommodate all Hotel guests at the same time as opposed to booking meal times and seating some guests before others, It is meant to offer increased flexibility at meal times. I can only apologise for the room not meeting your expectations. When issues are raised with us, we do our best to rectify them as quickly as possible. Thank you for praising the Hotel staff for the level of service they provide. Marcus Williams, General Manager.