“Oh! What A Lovely Week End At The Marine”
Review of Bay Marine Hotel

Bay Marine Hotel
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from having yet another lovely stay in our favourite Marine Hotel up there in Llandudno, which is also our favourite resort in the whole of the UK.
As other reviewers are saying the hotel has for quite some time now been refurbishing the rooms which makes this hotel even better value than before.

One thing that is very important to me is the food. I have Coeliac disease which means that I cannot have any food with wheat, rye and barley which all have gluten in them. If I eat any food with even the slightest trace of this in it then I can feel quite ill with stomach cramps and certain loo problems for days afterwards.

This hotel has a good selection of of gluten free meals, so I am well catered for.

While I am mentioning the excellent food.
I must give a special mention to our lovely waitress Ramune who was very friendly and efficient so helped to make our restaurant experience as pleasant as it possibly can be.

Plaudits also for assistant manager Kelly who was so friendly and helpful during the whole of our stay. Nothing is too much trouble for her.

But then, I have to say that all of the team in this hotel are also friendly and helpful.

This hotel is situated right on the promenade, and is near the excellent range of shops and all of the wide range of things to do in Lllandudno. Bored we never are here, either in the hotel or out.

Take it from me, if you want a nice clean friendly hotel in a wonderful seaside resort then go stay in Llandudno at The Marine Hotel

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are worth the extra you pay, but failing that try and get a room off the side s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Booze C
MWilliams59, General Manager at Bay Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Hi boozercruiser, Thank you for another excellent review. I will pass your comments on to Ramune and Kelly. Kelly is the Head Receptionist though, can't have getting her too proud. Looking forward to your next stay with us. Marcus Williams, General Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Three us us stayed at Marine hotel for the towns Victorian weekend.
The hotel is starting to look better with the refurbishment programme.We really enjoyed our stay.
The seaview rooms were excellent,well decorated and colourful.Resturant food was very good with a fair choice.Special thanks to Susannze (not sure about spelling),who was very efficient and friendly,she went out of her way to serve us quickly on the Sunday,as we had to get to the theatre
by 19-30.
Overall a very pleasant weekend,will be back again

Room Tip: A sea view room makes all the difference
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gunnerjohn

Hi gunnerjohn, The Victorian Extravaganza is a very busy weekend for the town and an excellent event to attend. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked the progress we have made with the refurbishment works at the hotel. I will make sure Zsuzsanna knows about your positive comments. Hope to see you again. Marcus Williams, General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for long weekend on self drive basis with coach party of 27 older people from a club. The bedding is immaculate and everyone had good comfortable beds, the entertainment is good particularly on the Friday. Food is also good with a choice for each course, and staff are accomodating if there is something you cant eat. The dining room staff are very efficient and helpful and made sure all guests were well caterd for.
Have to say this hotel is well worth a visit for anyone visiting the area. Marcus and his staff also went the extra mile when one gentleman in our party had to go to hospital, transporting his belongings and ensuring that everything was well, and offering any assistance that would be needed.
Thanks to Marcus, Hayley, phil and the other staff for ensuring we had a great holiday, we will definately be back

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank 50pclub
MWilliams59, General Manager at Bay Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi 50pclub, Thank you for your post. It is good to read everyone enjoyed their stay with us. I hope that the member of your party who went to hospital is well on the way to recovery and will be fit to travel with you all again. Looking forward to seeing you again, Marcus Williams, General Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We love our Shearings hols. As we are now retired but very active we are visiting as many seaside towns as we can, the ones we have heard of but never seen and Shearings suits us perfectly. Our twin room, No 311 was comfortable and very clean, no frills with tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV and a sea view (must admit outside window could do with a clean). The dining room was very pleasant and as always the food was excellent (wish we could resist the Full English!!). Our trips included Anglesey, Snowdonia National Park, Beaumaris and Llanberis Railway and Slate Museum all of which we thoroughly enjoyed particularly as the weather wasn't too good. Due to other commitments we actually had 3 drivers who added the fun element to our trips. Must mention the Staff at Marine Hotel, very helpful and hard working.
The one downside is the Stretton Interchange. This is the second time we have used this interchange and had long delays on both occasions. It seems also that once through the dreaded M6, the Feeder drivers are not too conversant with the B'ham and Solihull areas which means further delays and getting home as late as 9.00pm. Next is Gairloch in May and The Isle of Wight (for a second time) in August. Roll on May.

Room Tip: If you have a special requirement, ask in advance.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BaznChaz

Hi BaznChaz, I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and that you found the staff so accommodating. I am sure you will enjoy your holidays later in the year and maybe a repeat visit to Llandudno at some point. Marcus Williams, General Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've just spent a 4 night break at this hotel. The room was nice and clean with modern TV and furniture, The staff were very helpful and friendly. I was served in the dining room by Peter. He was very efficient and friendly. The reception staff were all friendly, helpful, and informative, in particular, Agi, who was on the reception one minute, in the bar the next, then even in the dining room - now that's what I call multi-tasking! I locked myself out of my room on the first day, and without any hesitation she came up with the spare key to let me back in. She was brilliant. As was Kelly, who again was eager to help all of the time.
The bar area was always busy and comfortable. The food quality was very good, but the breakfast was a bit on the light side, but Dinner was plentiful with a good choice on the menu.
I will definitely be going back next year.
I drove myself and had to pay for trips that were only included if I went on a shearings coach, but they were cheap enough at only £9 per trip.
Thank you everyone at the Marine and see you next year!!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms don't disappoint. They give a great view of the whole bay and both Ormes.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank TH652014
MWilliams59, General Manager at Bay Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi TH652014, Thank you for such a good review. It is great that you enjoyed your holiday with us and are planning on coming back next year. Take care, Marcus Williams, General Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend away, our room was clean tidy and we could see the sea. All the staff were polite and had a smile on their face, the meals were good and our waiter Jesus was just so efficient ,we never waited longer than a minute for anything! The hotel is in a brilliant location for getting to the shops and the sea. I loved sitting in the bar window watching the world go by. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Julie H

Hi Julie H, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and would definitely come back to us. I will let Jesus know you gave him a rave review. Thank you for your review, Marcus Williams, General Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Four o f us went by Car and fortunately paid extra for a Car Parking space(Although very cramped) and an upgraded room. The room overlooked the sea ,was clean ,spacious ,and the Seagulls even provided some entertainment as they tried to get through the window.
Catering for a full house over a limited time span is not easy and the meals on offer were fairly varied and perfectly acceptable..
Our waiter Jesus was splendid, very pleasant, and efficient particularly toward my wife whose diet has to be monitored.
All the staff we encountered were a credit to the Hotel, and we would not have any reservations about making a return visit.

Our first visit to the area has been a wonderful experience.

Stuart P

Hinckley
Leics

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stuart P

Hi Stuart P, It is good to read that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and the service provided. I will pass your comments on to Jesus. Hope to see you again and thank you for your post. Marcus Williams, General Manager