“Wow what a place!”
Review of The Clontarf Hotel

The Clontarf Hotel
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner arrived for a 5 night break and received a friendly welcome and tour of the building. We stayed in the romantic room which was gorgeous! Breakfast was amazing each morning with as much coffee as you like (big plus for me!). Nothing was to much trouble we had an amazing time and will definitely be staying again, thank you for a lovely holiday!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Clontarf Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

First time I've stayed here and from the friendly phone call to see if I was alright due to the bad weather I knew I'd picked the right hotel.
Very warm welcome when I arrived and I was helped to a beautiful room. I will be staying here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Fantastic little hotel! Bedrooms are gorgeous and the shower was amazing. Nice and warm too!

About a 1 min walk to the sea front where I went on a walk that evening.

Staff very friendly and accommodating- even upgraded me to a bigger room as they had the availability- fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Breakfast was delicious. Nothing was too much hassle. Everything was freshly made and the continental looked nice with a good range of fresh fruits and yoghurts.

Highly reccomend and hoping to stay again soon!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Planned to stay for 1 night but ended up staying for 2 due to changed work plans.
They kept a room available for me even though I wasn't sure I would come back that evening. What great service!

Rooms are enormous and comfortable and the whole place spotless. Modern bathrooms with great showers.

Great breakfast with a really good choice, including lots of fresh fruit.
limited private parking but lots on the road outside.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alok-Surrey
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Having booked online and seen the web on the hotel was looking forward to our stay, we only stayed the one night and wished it was more, on arrival the owner Mark greeted us and showed us around, very friendly and nothing was to much troublle, having showed us our room and explained what time breakfast was served, the room was very nice even though it was the smallest room, the breakfast is excellent, Joni & Mark are brilliant as hosts, will defiantly be booking there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annmarie W
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We've just had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at this hotel, so much so we asked to stay another night but unfortunately for us they were fully booked. Fresh flowers in the vestibule, the hallway and on the breakfast tables gave it a very homely feel.

Our room, 6, had a lovely view of the Orme and across the shore. I'm extremely fussy about my bed and bedding and this one didn't disappoint. The electric adjustable bed, together with crisp white linen was supremely comfortable. There was also an iron and ironing board in the room, bottled water, biscuits, tea and coffee.

The bathroom was small, however the large shower was excellent, pure white towels and the Loccitane shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion a pleasure to use. Perfectly clean too.

Breakfast was amazing - excellent selection of fresh fruit, Welsh yoghurt, granola, cereals, croissants. Your choice of fresh juice was served in individual jugs on your table. Decaff coffee and hot milk no problem. Locally sourced produce for cooked breakfast was first class, kippers and smoked haddock also available. Joni was so friendly at breakfast, nothing was too much trouble.

There is an honesty bar in the hotel, you can serve yourself to a decent selection of wines and spirits.

Mark and Joni are very friendly and down to earth hosts, and made us feel vey welcome, we will certainly return again. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are very spacious, but bear in mind there are no lifts.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrMrsMX5
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Again yet another treasured stay at the clontarf hotel my wife and I have been fortunate enough to have stayed in some lovely hotels on our breaks away from home and we have both decided that the Clontarf Hotel is our favorite by far.... Not one complaint.. Food is excellent, rooms are superb, perfect location and Joni and Mark are the perfect hosts... Looking forward to our next visit there many thanks again

• Stayed: December 2013