“A lovely place to stay”
Review of The Clontarf Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Clontarf Hotel
Ranked #5 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 19 July 2014

You won't want to leave when you stay here. Beautifully decorated, comfy bed and top room had sea and Great Orme views. Top that off with a super breakfast menu and very friendly and helpful owners and you can be sure your break will be fantastic. Small bar is well stocked where you serve yourself and pay when you check out.I see they have won many awards and deservedly so. I would recommend you stay here when in Llandudno, don't bother to look elsewhere. No evening meals served anymore, but only 10 mins stroll to town centre where the choice of eateries is good.

Room Tip: The premier supreme room had an electrically operated bed and super modern bathroom, well worth the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed for one night at The Clontarf, on arrival we had a very warm welcome from Joni who showed us to our room which was extremely comfortable and spacious with very thoughtful little touches, we both slept like logs! I recommend reading the information book that Joni has complied it's full of really useful info and suggestions of what to do in the area. Next morning we had a very tasty beautifully cooked breakfast.The location is fabulous right at the foot of the Orme and a nice walk into centre of Llandudno. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Recently had a week-end break at the Clontarf Hotel with my wife, son and daughter in law. I was very impressed with the hotel generally, especially the Metropolitan bedroom, which was spacious and very comfortable and had all the extras you could want ie. flat screen T V, tea/coffee making facilities, bottled water and cordials. The breakfast was superb, with a large choice and the service was quick and efficient. I also liked the ON TRUST bar, where you serve yourself and settle up on departure. Would certainly stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here recently and were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the room which was very clean and well presented even down to a Jacuzzi shower.
Mark and Joni were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
the breakfast was excellent cooked to perfection.
The only down side was that there was no evening meal available.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm not sure what makes a hotel a hotel, however I would say this is a very plush b&b.

You know you are somewhere special when you walk into the entrance and there are scores of awards on the wall - and all well deserved.

The proprietors are fantastic-full of personality and make you feel very welcome, without being in your pockets.

The decor is beautiful, and very clean.

Unfortunately, I think we had the smallest room. And it is small. That said, still fantastic value for money at £65 a night for the two of us. The space is used to the best of its ability and would describe the room as "cosy".

Loved the bottled water and cordial, the l'occitaine toiletries and the clean strips (not sure what you call them) on the toilet and toilet roll.

The hotel operates what was described to us as an "honesty bar". Help yourself, and pay upon checkout. How wonderful and trusting!!! Another show of excellence upon the owners behalf!

Breakfast was good, good quality and great choice. It got very busy all at once, however the service was swift and they kept up exceedingly well.

In summary-excellent. I have seen the pictures of the other rooms (and my parents in law had a lovely one), and we will definitely be back-just not in the room we stayed in.

Bravo to the Clontaf-a real gem!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I have been going to the Clontarf Hotel many years now. It is the best hotel that we have even been to and we would not dream of staying anywhere else in Llandudno. Joni and Mark are wonderful hosts and always make you feel welcome, and will suggest places to visit and help you in any way they can during your stay. The rooms are fabulous and me and my partner have stayed in most of them and the food is superb. I could not fault the hotel in any way.
Lorraine Haslewood & Rob Waring, Derbyshire

Room Tip: Room 3 is the room that me and my partner stay in most often but they are all very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the May bank holiday weekend. This is a fabulous b&b with all home comforts. Fabulous breakfasts, really clean room, comfy bed, two minutes walk to the beach, 15 to the town centre.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple