“Disappointing”

White Heather Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
White Heather Hotel
Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Lochwinnoch, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Having read some of the reviews I begin to wonder if I was in the same hotel from 10th-16th August. I would not class it as a 3* hotel but rather as a very average boarding house. When we arrived we were given room 31 but on entering we discovered that there was only a bath and no shower. I walked down the 52 stairs to reception to request a room with a shower. Having climbed back up the 52 stairs I was not very happy with room 38 because although it had a shower cabinet one of the wardrobe doors was missing ( we later discovered that it was propped up on the landing and remained there during our stay ) . This made the very small room look untidy. We discovered that if we put up the luggage stand we had to move the only chair fit to sit on so we could hardly move around the room. The view from our window was of the bodies of two seagulls that had been strangled on wire on the flat roof just below our window. There was no shower gel, shampoo or even a telephone in the room so rather than negotiate all those stairs again and deciding that be would just have to accept this as being standard for this establishment we unpacked in room 38.
We were part of a coach tour where many of the group had mobility problems and after several people had been stuck in the lift it was withdrawn from service but my husband entered the lift on the 3rd floor while I walked downstairs and when I reached the ground floor there was a chair blocking the lift door and a notice stating that the lift was "Out of Order" but there was no way of knowing this on the other floors. Just as I was debating the trek up those 52 stairs to inform my husband he was attempting to push his way out of the lift and past the chair which was blocking the door. Chaos!!!!
Our room was never cleaned before lunch time and pieces of paper and bits of fluff were on the same stairs every day so it was obviously not Hoovered daily. The shower in room 38 was very difficult to control one minute exactly the right temperature then the next too hot.
If both my husband and I wanted to watch television I had to "go to bed" while he sat on the only usable chair since the right leg on the other chair was broken.
On the whole the food was reasonably good but I found too many cheesy items for my palate, The crumble very stodgy and the roast lamb tasteless.
On the plus side the beds were comfortable, the room was quiet, the bath towels were thick and white and there was a small HD television but although I really liked Llandudno I won't return to the White Heather Hotel.

Room Tip: Steer clear of Room 38 for the reasons given above and don't depend on the lift if you are at al...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

enjoyed our week at this hotel. Theresa very good at ensuring my husband who is coeliac was given gluten & wheat free meals at both breakfast and dinner. Clean friendly hotel excellent choice at dinner all very good quality and quantity. would definitely recommend this hotel, very near shops, promenade and pier.

Room Tip: choose a superior room with side sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rosamar45
Stafford
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We travelled to Llandudno for a day trip from the Midlands on the hot weekend of 13th July 2013.
It was so perfect when we arrived, we didn't want to go home, so we decided to enquire about room availability at this smart looking hotel just off the seafront. We were warmly welcomed and it wasn't any trouble to show us two lovely double rooms of which we chose the superior, with its King sized bed and bay window with easy chairs and pretty table having views, to the side, of the sea. The room (16) was very clean with crisp white linen and a spotless ensuite bathroom with fresh white towels. The whole establishment was very pleasant including the dining area and relaxing bar.
Breakfast was included, and very good, served promptly by friendly, pleasant staff,even though the dining room was busy.
A lovely spontaeneous weekend spent at this delightful, family run hotel.
Would definatley stay again. Thank you.

Room Tip: We felt the superior double room was worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nilanastafford
Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Excellent service and attention from family run hotel. I have stayed in a few hotels in Llandudno and this is the best by far. Good clean rooms and great food choice with quality. Made to feel very welcome by all staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Alan B
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Just spent a week at the white heather hotel in llandudno meals excellent staff very nice couldn't have done enough for there guests all rooms have what you need including hairdryer i was with a disabled lady who said she will be back next year

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Fluff1990
Poynton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Had a lovely three night stay at the White Heather, after a rapid exit from Pointins at Prestatyn (I won't make that mistake again !!) The staff were really friendly, nice sized family room. Would certainly return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Philippa S
Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have just returned from another coach holiday and enjoyable 4 night stay at the White Heather. The hotel runs like a well oiled machine with the bedrooms being serviced by the end of breakfast. The talking point on Thursday was some of us received a surprise when we returned to our rooms to find towels shaped into swans on our beds. The food again was excellent and the staff still brilliant nothing is too much trouble especially for those with exacting dietry needs. Graham again kept us entertained on Thursday evening at the bingo and quiz and always had a funny quip good banter when you spoke to him. The hotel is well placed for the prom and the main street for shopping. This is a family run hotel and they are what makes this hotel what it is. I would go back again in a minute.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends