“Great Location & Great Breakfast!”
Review of Craig-Ard Hotel

and 1 more site!
Craig-Ard Hotel
Ranked #21 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just home from our 3rd visit to the Craig Ard. The location cannot be beaten - handy for everything. The breakfast is totally delicious with the BEST bacon ever.
Parking is a bonus - we checked in for 4 nights and didn't use the car once - we didn't need to, so we just parked up and left the car knowing that it would be safe - unlike some on street parking.
Stayed in room 2 this time - lovely mattress meant we slept like kings.
Friendly staff throughout and a lovely welcome from the owner.
See you again Craig Ard - we'll definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed here before, many years ago, I, m sorry I left it so long, because I enjoyed my 2 night stay. I was asked to pay on arrival( others have commented) ,but I prefer that, because I didn't want to rush on my departure day, for I need to catch a train. S o no probs there. Breakfast was fantastic( where do you get your bacon from?), service was fantastic too, owners were very nice, free wifi, a nice garden for me to have a quick ciggie! I also hade a double room, rather than a single( courtesy of the owner, many thanks), so I was a happy bunny. Will definitely return, I only hope there's room, what with the summer holidays around the corner! Thank you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tudor D
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for one night recently after reading reviews, we hadn't been to LLandudno for a long time and were really looking forward to it.
Let me say from the outset that we would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone and we wouldn't hesitate in returning.
One thing I wasn't happy about however was the attitude of the owner, 1.30pm, we had only been on the premises for 2 minutes, we'd introduced ourselves and were then asked to settle the bill !! ...... unbelievable .... whether or not he didn't like our Liverpool accents or maybe he thought we looked slightly shifty I don't know but I thought it was rude. He said it was because he was busy on Sundays ...... well these days it takes one minute to put a card into a machine. He could easily have rephrased it......... "Welcome to the Craig Ard, please settle in, maybe later today you wouldn't mind settling the bill, it would help me" thats if he was that desperate he couldn't wait for the money.
Ok, thats out of the way now, the room was really nice, spacious, comfy and clean with tea and coffee provided, what more could you want ? the place could do with a lick of paint here and there and a bit of TLC, but for the money it's excellent.
We were woken by the biggest, noisiest seagulls I've ever seen or heard,
the breakfast was superb, plenty of everything served up by the owners son and a nice young lady.
The owners son is an absolute credit, polite, friendly and helpful, we had occasion to ask him to help us with the TV remote which was faulty, nothing was too much trouble, he even let us leave the car for a few hours the following day.
So to sum up, despite our 'welcome' we really enjoyed our visit and to anybody reading this .... look no further.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were delighted with the location: easy access to the foot of Great Orme whether for the hiking trail or the tram stop. Lots of bars and restaurants within a short walk, and moments away from the sea front. All of the staff were lovely. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and after a pleasant day exploring the town we returned to our room to discover that the staff had noticed our "happy anniversary" cards to each other and pushed one of their own under the door. A really nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I took my mum to the hotel as a birthday surprise the lady on reception was very pleasant and our rooms clean so we were very happy. Breakfast the following morning was good and we checked out that morning after our 1 night stay. However later that day my mum had asked if we could stay over another night as the weather and Llandudno were lovley. We rang the hotel and the man on reception confirmed rooms were available. But on arrivng back at the hotel he informed my husband he was not booking anyone in as he had a cold and didnt want to pass it on!!! He was very rude and we couldnt believe he had turned us a way when we knew all but 2 rooms were empty. The upside to this however was that we checked into the Empire Hotel which was a far superior hotel with a spa and swimming pool and cost us less for bed, breakfast and evening meal than Craig -Ard had for just B&B.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Deborah172014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Crag-Ard. Due to some problem of booking.com, the booking was late to go to the hotel. However, the owner and the manageress tried to put us at four poster room 1 night and superior room 1 night, so we have tasted two rooms. The superior room really got more space. They are all very clean and cozy.
The location is excellent, very near to the beach and many restraunts.
Parking is easy as you can park at the back yard or on the street. It is a quiet area.
Breakfast is delicious, cooked very well.
The manageress is very friendly and helpful.
Will definitely stay again when we trip next time!

Room Tip: superior room on the frist floor is very nice.