“excellent hotel”

Ranked #61 of 145 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Excellent hotel,friendly owners and staff,lovely breakfast.clean rooms.free parking infront of the hotel and surounding streets.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This b & b is well sittuated in Llandudno and offers a good cheap base to explore from, the room was a good size ,clean and tidy with the addition of a hearty breakfast. Very welcoming hosts no hesitation to use again thank you very much !!

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Leicestershire
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nice B&B in a great location. The hosts were lovely, really welcoming and helpful. The room was on the smaller side, but it was clean, comfortable and great value for money. Great breakfast also. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Squidgeykin
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Possibly the smallest room I have ever stayed in. (see photo) Was overcharged when checking out. No wifi. No card facility. Useless.

• Stayed March 2012
130 Thank N7076
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here last week for 3 nights, was supposed to be 5 nights but the lady rang me on the monday (I was arriving on the tuesday) saying she had to have some electrical work done at the weekend and so could I bunk in with my colleague in a twin for the remaining 2 nights. I had booked these rooms (4 in total) for 5 nights each about 2 months ago so bad planning on her part. We arrived and it all seemed to be going well, she said she wasn't 100% sure I would have to move. Anyway I did and at 9am on Friday morning had to leave my room as it was being used to store things for a fire alarm system to be installed on the following Monday.

To cut a long story short, I didn't bunk in with my colleague as he was ill so i checked out and found other accommodation. It then comes to light that a family had checked into my room that afternoon for the weekend meaning it wasn't being used for storage at all, but instead she could receive 3x the revenue. IT WAS A LIE!!!

To add insult to injury, she also after agreeing with my me and my colleagues the tariff of £18/night charged my other colleagues £20/night.

On top of this the WIFI as advertised is terrible and only works by the front door, so in fact is useless.

There are loads of other B and B's in Llandudno, don't stay here!!

Room Tip: Room 5, if you don't get thrown out and lied to is a nice enough room. The one single on the ver...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
110 Thank M S
AstonwoodHotel, Owner at Astonwood Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Firstly I am very sorry that you could not stay with us for the full duration of your planned stay, and I want to offer my sincere apologies for the electrical work that was been done during your stay. Unforunately, we had to get it done around our bookings and tried very hard to not cause too much inconvience

I don't understand the further comments regarding having to share with your friend (which you didnt do because he was unwell) and you think that your room was used by another family, well infact your right, I did put a family into the room you vacated but I had moved them from a smaller room in the hotel as I thought it would be better to store the electric equipment needed for the fire alarm in a different room (so please be assured I did not make 3 x the revenue as you suggested, I just took a decision to use the hotel rooms more effectively letting a family use a larger family room)

As for the WiFi it can be a little difficult in some areas of the hotel to get a signal but I do try to tell guests of this issue. As advertised it is a Free service when it works, most guest seem to be able to connect.

Please may I also apologise if you feel you were thrown out, this was not the case, I did offer you a bed with your friend which you accepted at the time, but due to him feeling unwell you told me you stayed with a colleague who was also in the town at the time.

Finally, please let me apologise is you feel you paid too much for your accommodate we are very reasonable priced even at £20 per night B&B

I hope anybody reading this response can clearly see that I am sincerley sorry for the concerns this guest had and I would have done anything to clarify his concerns if he had called or spoken to myself before leaving.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2011

central location,great for shopping and drinking.very clean.breakfast spot on,good bed too.

Room Tip: great wetherspoons in a converted cinema just round the corner
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank milo099
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Got lost and had to phone the hotel up, very helpful. Hotel lovely and clean, bedrooms very small with en suite, which is stated on the website, breakfast nice but poach egg not cooked properly . Very central location, would stay again here.

• Stayed December 2011