“Nice break”

Ranked #38 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Nice break”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Really happy with short stay at Broadway Hotel, made very welcome, bedroom very right on corner with beautyful bay windows, bed could have been more comfortable, if you get room 104, you may hear a light tap on the window, a seagull we called stephen after the actor Stephen Seagull give him/her a biscuit. back to the room nicely decorated as is the rest of the hotel that we saw, food ,we were b&b breakfast good choice and tasty. A bit about Llandudno, one word LOVELY, a front to be proud of unspoilt none of your Blackpool tack. If eating out Ican recommend The Cambridgeshire resturant, if disabled there is a flight of stairs to climb no lift that I noticed. To end my little review, I look forward to returning here someday, enjoy your stay, oh remember Stephen. Happy Hols

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We spent an one night here here and loved it. We had a family room (bunks) and a double booked, and they were perfect.

I had even made a mistake on the booking and turned up with three kids but only booked for two (easy mistake to make!), yet it was no problem and were made welcome with no issues at all.

Lovely town and great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
leyl
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel was very clean throughout.Although located in the in the town traffic noise was not a problem.The staff were helpful friendly but not intrusive.The Welsh Breakfast was excellent (but it was no different than an english breakfast :)) I was allocated room 305 which had a double bed,but only a single wardrobe.I think it would be better with a single bed,this would then make room for a chair which was lacking.The room would also be improved by some picture/s on the wall.A seagull taps on the window first thing in the morning whilst this was not a problem to me,it may be to others,.If the room was changed as suggested i would rate this hotel as excellent.I would stay at this hotel again and despite the issue's raised would reccomend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Leeds
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed at The Broadway Hotel for 12 nights on business, and throughout my stay I felt welcomed and the staff did their very best to accomodate my needs or any minor issues that arose. I found breakfast really good, with lots of choice regarding cold and hot meals. The hotel is in an excellent location within the town - close to the shops and the sea front. My room was clean and nicely presented. I would definitely stay here again if I were to revisit Llandudno.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Sandwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Hotel was immaculate. Room was a double with ensuite bath/shower and toilet which was cleaned every day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food excellent especially breakfast. Rates were very good. Location is excellent as it is 2 minutes from sea front and 2 minutes from shops..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Glenys G
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel served its purpose adequately - comfy bed, clean room (though there was a thick layer of dust on top of the wardrobe, which ended up all over the bottom of my suitcase) and nice breakfast. The lift was a bonus, too, having two blue badge holders in our party. We stayed three nights and the tea and coffee, etc in our room was not replenished once during this time. On the final morning, when I rang for supplies, I was told (not unpleasantly) that I had to wait until the staff arrived. I did eventually get the items I requested. The owner was a bit tetchy when I asked for the towel rail in our bathroom to be switched on (my 87 year old Mum felt chilly in the bathroom so early in the morning. We had to be up early because this hotel only has a tiny window for breakfast - 8am to 9am - and my infirm mother needs a good couple of hours to get ready). The towel rail eventually came on, and I expressed my gratitude following breakfast, although the owner pointed out the difficulties in doing this and that the other guests had complained about being too hot! This 'hotel' is a bit like an old fashioned B & B really, and it does only deserve the two stars it has. However, if you want value for money, then this is the place for you. Oh, and it has one particular endearing quality...a resident seagull called Clifford (we re-christened him Gilbert), who sits on your windowsill and is polite enough not to tap on your window until he knows you're up and about!

Room Tip: Not a seafront hotel, but corner rooms have a pleasant view of the town and Great Orme and are brigh...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Isabel B
tiradu2, Owner at The Broadway Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel I am sorry that we did not meet your full requirements.

It is disappointing to learn this through a public forum rather than directly so that any issues may be addressed at the time.

For the sake of clarity I would confirm that all rooms are serviced daily and the tea/ coffee is refilled each day and in your case the linen was also replaced on one of the beds due to soiling.

Unfortunately, at 6.55am I was the only person on duty and was not able to provide the requested items until another member of staff came on duty. Also, breakfast is served during the week from 7.30am till 9.00am not 8am to 9am.

I can confirm that the heating was put on at your request although this is difficult to just do as it is computer controlled and keeps turning itself off as the temperature throughout the building was so hot, daytime temperature was fact in 26c and we did have other guests make comment that the heating was on. Furthermore, I did suggest keeping your bedroom window shut over night if you were likley to feel cold in the morning.

I am pleased that you feel that we did provide value for money and that we meet the standards required to be a 2 star hotel which is in essence what we are.
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying here, on a weekend break, 20-22nd July, 2012. Hotel located in a great position on block back from the seafront, and on the edge of the towns main shopping street, so excellent location all round. The owners are very welcoming and friendly, and the breakfast is really hearty, just what you need in the morning, and all cooked to your liking. Room 108, front facing was spacious, and well decorated. Only down side I would say is the bathroom is rather on the small side, or is it me being rather on the large side? Definitely would book this hotel again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012