“Disgusting,,,” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Disgusting,,,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Arrived at Broadway hotel, stayed before and downstairs lovely horrific smell of pot pouring when you first enter though, greeted warmly and told how to get to room. Got to room 305 and was disgusted, no water working in sink, shower full on dribbled, paint off wall, door latch not working properly, TV didn't work, mould on walls and cupboard falling apart. Got bit several times and when I explained to owner refused refund and said there was nothing wrong with the room!!! For 42 per night for an individual I felt this was terrible, owners not very friendly and not very nice. Room stank of must no wonder pot pourri was used so heavily in foyer. Would not recommend!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Rooms
6 Thank Sharon O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location for our group to get to many lovely places,we spent a full week in August there and was looked after brilliantly by all the staff ,the food was good and there was plenty of it.This is our second visit here and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a friendly ,clean hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
south yorks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is quite run down, a work in progress I think. It was a nice room, modern with big tv. The bathroom was very small & the shower wasnt very good, but it was cleanliness that really needed attention, especially in the bathroom. Also the toilets downstairs weren't very clean at all & were in vast need of doing up. I dont mind staying anywhere that is run down as long as it is clean, its a shame as it puts you off straightaway.There is a car park behind the hotel but only holds about 3 or 4 cars & is £5 per 24hrs. The best bit about this hotel was definately the breakfast, it was lovely couldn't fault it. We wouldn't return to Llandudno but if you did want to go its not in a bad location. A good budget option but the cleaning definately needs stepping up.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank herbySouthYorks
bham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights, would not stay again.
The room was small and very dusty, we put the suitcase on top of the wardrobe to give us more room, but when I fetched it down again a whole load of dust came with it.
The linen was clean and the room was serviced, but it was not dusted especially in the corners.
Yes it is a cheap hotel, near the sea front, shops etc. but don't expect anything more than a basic room with no atmostphere, no bar and no parking. By the way it does advertise a bar, but we found it shut on a couple of occasions, the owner was reluctant to open up and serve his guests a drink!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank natalieBham
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed there for 1 night, arriving late due to travel. It has all the basics you need for a business stay.

Up in the morning to get ready for work and there was no warm water, had a cool shower. Rang down to reception to let them know ready for others and 5 minutes later they called back to let me know boiler had tripped. I called as probably on of the first trying it at just before 7am.

Great breakfast with receptionist as waitress and thanked for letting her know about the boiler.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

On arrival the owner was very pleasant&great with my 7 year old daughter. The first night I slept their I was very wheezy as iv asthma and the room was very dusty. On day 2 I was told the room had been dusted as I mentioned it, but when I entered the room it looked the same as it did previously. When I mentioned this to the owners wife I found her to be very defensive with me saying she had herself dusted it. So iv taken pictures of the room after she dusted to make my point. If that room was dusted no Polish was used that's for sure!! And I felt she wasn't as friendly with me then for the rest of my stay.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Julia L
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with my three grand-children, ages 7 years, 10 years and 11 years. We had a 'Junior Suite' at very top of house. Hardly in door on arrival when asked for my 'debit' card and full amount was deducted straight away. I found owner and his wife very unfriendly. The two main times I spoke to him he was very sarcastic. I asked if there was an outdoor pool as a person I had spoken to said there was one, he said with a sneer,yes, it's called the sea. Rooms were clean with tea/coffee replenished in one room only for our stay of three nights. I shared a room with the youngest child and it was never touched during our stay. The other room just had the bed clothes barely pulled up. Bathroom was never done. When checking out owners wife who was talking in hallway and who had to have known I was waiting at desk eventually came and when I said we were checking out she just said yes and took the key. I have never met such rudeness, unfriendly ness or arrogance. I would not recommend it and I would not go there again.
Annette Power, Santry, Dublin.
Stayed 28th to 31st July 2014