“Oliver Twist " Please sir may I have a bowl of Porridge"”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Llandudno
Stoke on Trent
“Oliver Twist " Please sir may I have a bowl of Porridge"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

No was the reply, what can I say the hotel is in major need of repair and decoration. The room I had the curtains were falling from the poles, looked like it had not been dusted since the hotel opened, bed was right under a window with no head board. We were there Mon to Fri and the table cloths in the dining room were not changed we had the same stains through out our stay. The food was from the freezer and so hard I could not chew it. When I asked for a bowl of porridge as I am a type one diabetic which he knew and I needed my porridge as recommended by my doctor because of the low GI. The reply I got was "NO" .not what I expected for the hospitality industry for Llandudno. He finished by saying you are a proctors coach tour and I only make £90 from proctors. So no you are not having porridge. The management were terrible and if I was them I would get out of the hospitality industry as they are a lot to be desired. Do not use this hotel is my recommendation. The positive note for Llandudno is that the people and the town and surrounding facilities were a joy to behold and we had a lovely time despite the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009
3 Thank Oliver_Twist_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Staffs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

We stayed at the Broadway hotel,for a family girlie break. The hosts work extremely hard, putting in long hours every day. They were always pleasant to all their guests. The entertainment was good both nights, we are in Wales here not Las Vegas! Food was good and plentiful, Excellant value for money, have paid a lot more in Llandudno, for a lot less! GO and have a great time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank athersStaffs
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed at the Broadway for a sixties weekend. The decor is a little dated, but clearly being upgraded gradually but that was more than made up for by the atmosphere, food and great location at the end of Mostyn Street. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners who were attentive without being intrusive. The food and service were brilliant and breakfast especially was as good as any I have had in 5 star establishments. The public rooms are decorated to a good standard and the entertainment on the nights we stayed was extremely good. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ManchesterMethven
glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

Clean but very shabby rooms ,subsiding floors and pre-war furniture only one electic socket. Food was ample and well cooked although breakfast menu never varies. No shower only a bath. I stayed Mon to Friday, entertainment on Mon and Thursday only ,never seen Mondays but Thursday was terrible. Bar prices scandalous for 25ml try Brittish Legion across the road. Mark was okay to speak to but his wife took her all of her time to grunt out a reply to good morning. Outside of hotel little to no entertainment. Overall a nice place to visit but completely dead.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple