“Poor customer service”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I visited the hotel also a year ago but recently some upsetting news has led me to go out of my way to actually review the hotel! On leaving the Hotel I left my favourite shoes in the wardrobe but obviously I did not realise where they were till recently re-visiting Llandudno for the day that my shoes could of been left there so I acted on this by calling up and asking if they had seen them. After a year later they still remembered that yes they did have the shoes but where later thrown away. I asked if they at least had the decency to contact me at the time they found them (knowing they had all my contact details) they replied with 'its your own responsibility' the fact still remained that they didn't even have the common decency to see if I had forgotten my shoes or whether I was on to collect them. The point is I lost my shoes meaning I didn't know where they were so a common act of decency would have been suffice. I will be visiting Llandudno again but not at the Broadway hotel, on the phone they did not apologise and showed no empathy which do not cost much but could of resolved one previous customer from not wanting to stay at their accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank kate_w_286

Reviewed 24 May 2010

my family stayed in three rooms in this hotel ours being the worst the windows in two of the rooms where in need of a good clean and paint definitly in need of modernisation. food average.good location though!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2010

cheryl and mark are lovely, friendly people and could not do enough for us on lesleys hen weekend.they work day and night and always have a smile for you. thank you to all concerned for a wonderfull time.would go every year if possible. from mother of the bride.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2010

the first opinion upon arrival was that a coat of paint is desperately needed.My money was asked for before i put the bags down and our friends had been given a front door key so we had to share.The room was small and full of cobwebs on the ceiling.In my opinion the breakfast was ok if you dont eat much.The tablecloth was the same on each day(same marks)and the crockery chipped.All this would have been acceptable if we had paid £25pppn but this was £39pppn and well overpriced.No recommendation would ever be given for this 2* hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank yorkie21
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night as father has been taken into hospital while on hoilday and had been staying at this hotel.. The owner was argumentative, unhelpful and rude. My mother was part of a coach trip staying at the hotel and although my dad was in hospital having a life saving operation she was advised by the owner she must be out hotel by 9am the same as the other passengers on the trip - we had no were else to go. No help was given on obtaining new hotel, a taxi for hospital or any practicle help.. I understand if hotel is full we must move but even in the booklet within the room it stated we could stay until 11am. When owner was challenged he called by mother a liar. Later in the evening stopped myself in lobby and advised he had been advised by other residents of the above and he was getting complaints and wished to have a arguments with me. He was advised on his customer service skills. The female co-owner was not part of the above and appeared to have a better understaing of customer service.

To be fair i was able to take my dads place in hotel at no extra cost for 1 night.

Rooms - very small, large bathroom though with a bath (no shower), it was of very poor quality and of suspect cleanliness. Plastic toys and used hankies were found on the floor.

Location- Great.

• Stayed: April 2010
5  Thank aufcno1
tiradu2, Owner at The Broadway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

Further to your comments we wish to respond accordingly as it appears that selective comments have been made.

My wife chased the ambulance twice during the two and half hours that your parents waited for the ambulance and also checked with your mother and father to make sure they were okay. Prior to them leaving the hotel to go in the ambulance we provided them with a couple of bottles of water and chocolate bars with our compliments, the offer of Tea/Coffee and a newspaper were declined.

My wife also gave your mother contact details for the hotel incase she needed any help. My wife constantly kept the driver and the company informed of the situation. Although she felt the comment from your father about only helping for a tip was completely unnecessary.

When your mother telephoned that evening from the hospital she was informed to call the hotel just prior to returning to ensure that someone was there to let her in as she did not have a front door key.

With regards to your comments concerning the bedroom, I can confirm that all our bedrooms exceed the natioanl requirements for that of a 2 star hotel. It is not a prerequisite that ensuite bathrooms have a shower. We do not advertise that the rooms have showers however some rooms have recently been upgraded and showers added.

No offer was made to look for an alternative hotel as your mother had already stated that you currently using the internet to look for a hotel closer to the hotel and intimated that you would be staying a the Holiday Inn at Chester West, this was prior to any conversation about staying on at the hotel.

With regards to asking you to leave at 9.00am we did state that we were fully booked and had a group arriving early but you were free to use the lounge and that you would still be required to check out of your room at the same time as the coach party that you belonged to.

In summary I'm sorry that you feel that there was a complete lack of care on this occassion, with the exception of allowing you to stay for additional nights I fail to understand what more we could have done for you.

Reviewed 18 April 2010

This was a great place to stay, Located next to bars,shops and cafes just a stones throw to the beach and for those who like to shop all the big named shops are located opposite in a complex. When we arrived Late the door was locked but one quick call and we were greeted by the owners Sheryl and Marc. No problem was too small and we were made to feel very welcome. The room was light and comfortable with everything you need, we even had a special wake up call, not from the owners not from the tourists but from the local seagulls, yes thanks to the past guests who had been feeding them we had seagulls taping at our window. Breakfast was lovely with lots to choose from and Sherly and Marc make you welcome giving you hints and tips on what to do with your time.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SHAZNMAT
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Received a very warm welcome and hospitality from the owners, Marc and Sheryl. Had room 202, a twin room with a bay window overlooking the town centre, tastefully furnished, with a small but functional en suite bathroom with shower. Price paid was £50 a night for the room including breakfast which was very good. Evening meal was a set menu, simple but good. Staff were professional and polite. Bar downstairs simple but good, entertainment of singer / musician included on Friday and Saturday evening. Overall a lovely stay, remember this is a 2 star rated hotel but the service we received from our hosts was 4 star. Would stay again, no question. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple