“Fabulous,fabulous food,--- but”

Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 208 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$0 - US$72
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
North Wales
“Fabulous,fabulous food,--- but”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

First time here for a few years; we're great seafood lovers and the food did not disappoint at all; I had the mackerel to start, followed by plaice in lobster sauce with scallops, and my wife had squid then sea bass, all superb and served with delicious vegetables.
Now the " but":- for a quality restaurant, the ambiance and decor really lacked finesse, and the service, while good enough, was rather chaotic; due to training new staff on a busy Saturday night. If they could sort these little details, the restaurant would really be worthy of 5 stars.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Geoffrey K

“Could have been better”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Spotted this very appealing restaurant on our recent visit to Llandudno and were lucky to get a table at short notice as it was busy. The choice of seafood was good and I opted for the Mussels for starters and my wife chose the garlic mushrooms. Both of these were very good. Disappointment came when the mains arrived. Both opted for chips to come with our meals of Seabass and a chicken dish. The chips were clearly bought frozen and were not to the same standard as the rest of the meal, and this did let it down. Overall enjoyed the experience and would go again, but please improve the chips!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Scribbs1
“Fine ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My standards for dining are very high . This may be the best sea food restaurent in Llandudno but not the best by my standards . In fairness it was very busy every cover was occupied and this says a lot .I would have liked a little more finesse and a higher quality of ingredient Our wine choice was excellent though . I would have liked to have known what was caught locally .

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“never ceases to disappoint me”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

By far the best restaurant in the NW and Wales - I had scallops and steak and chocolate brownie with ice cream with strawberries and Champagne and great company my Mother who I took there to impress and the staff was so attentive as usual. You have to book and it is such a special find for us - such a little gem.

• Visited June 2014
manchester
“So gorgeous”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is a hidden gem, it's so nice inside we sat downstairs there were only seven tables (apparently there's 12 upstairs) the food was just stunning, perfectly cooked and I,m a chef so I,m a bad critic when it comes to restaraunts, I had hake and crab and my boyfreind had the monkfish we were both seriously impressed by the quality of the food. The drinks are expensive though 20 quid for two wines and two lagers, we were so impressed with the food though we would go again in a heartbeat.

Visited June 2014