“Best |Fish restaurant in the Area”

Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$0 - US$72
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is an excellent fish restaurant with first class service from owners who really try to please. Don sources all his fish from the best fresh fish local supplier who have told me he is always the first restaurateur in each day to ensure he gets the pick of what is on offer. The sweets which are prepared by his wife are very good,although not quite as good as anything off the fish menu which has additional daily specials. Decent varied wine menu to cater for all tastes and pockets. There is an intimate atmosphere in the basement which I like,although the decor in the upstairs room which has a lovely large window with fish themed stained glass does need freshening up.A really good choice for an evening out if the quality of the food is your priority. You can obviously do better in a top London restaurant ,but this is one of the very best in the Llandudno area and they cater for special occasions too.

There are newer reviews for Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was a return trip, three excellent courses including local Menai Mussels and sea bass as well as an excellent fillet steak and great puddings. Wine selection is good. The a la carte menu has been replaced by a set price for either two or three courses but by no means was the quality compromised and the food was delicious. It was a good thirty so pounds cheaper than our first visit so winner all round. We will return here again and again on our frequent trips to Llandudno.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Superb from start to finish. Great service and a fabulous selection of seafood. We ate up stairs which was a little dated and quite cosy however this didnt detract from the overall experience. Even persuaded my boyfriend who doesn't really do seafood that it's delicious. Well done. Would thoroughly recommend and will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went for a special meal to celebrate our son's birthday. There were four of us, including our son's partner who is vegan. The waitress must have overheard us discussing the menu options for her as the chef came out to speak to her and discussed food choice. Three of us went for fish dishes which were excellent and the vegan option was presented beautifully with lots of vegetables which made her feel really special as she usually has to rely on a jacket potato. Yes the meal was expensive but the food was delicious and different

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My title say's it all, how often do you go our with a group of 10 and no one complains? I had the best mussels I have ever had in England and comes mighty close to some I have had in France. We asked for the Rose house wine and there was a choice of 4 or 5, never had that before! Would I go again? yes. Do I wish I lived nearer? yes. Would I recommend it? YES