“Poor food, poor value for money!”
Review of Badgers Tearooms & Patisserie - CLOSED

Badgers Tearooms & Patisserie
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
“Poor food, poor value for money!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Visited today and it usually is very good quality food, but it has gone down so much. We decided to have the Welsh Rarebit with mixed leaf salad with a tomato chutney. When we received the food the rarebit was luke warm, and tasted like it had been reheated, so complained to the staff who then provided us with another one which was slightly better. The mixed leaf salad well you couldn't call it a salad no mixed leaves just tiny pieces of the hard middle bits of the lettuce, onion and cucumber no tomatoes. The tomato chutney was like hp sauce with a few other ingredients added. So a poor meal for the amount you pay there as its not cheap, so I dont think we will be going back for a while time to look for another place to eat.

Bedfordshire
“back to its usual standards”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Last time we visited, something had gone seriously wrong with Badgers. Happy to say we went back this weekend and all is back to normal. Vanilla slices are as good as ever and a nice selection of teas to wash it down with. The service was prompt and friendly which was a welcome relief after last time. There was something wrong with the lights when we visited though as they were flickering at the top half of the restaurant and the light was bouncing off the tables which meant most people were moving away from that area as it was very disorienting. Happy to say the waiter pointed this out to the woman I assume was the manager and I'm sure it'll be fixed by the next time we visit.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Coffee time”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Four of us, elderly, and rather wet, visited the tea rooms on what must have been the windiest and wettest day in Llandudno on record. Our assistance was needed several times in the main road, to keep even older old ladies on their feet, however in our dripping state we had our spirits raised by the lovely ladies in this tea room. Only one of our party succumbed to cake eating, while the rest of us looked on wishing we had the capacity to do so, only two hours after an enormous breakfast. The coffee however was delicious, as I am sure the cakes were, and all served exactly in the way each of us preferred. Our next visit will be in the afternoon, having forgone lunch, when more advantage can be taken of the food on offer.

Halifax, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unexpected delicious meal”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My daughter and I had an afternoon tea and were delighted by the quality of the food and the smiles on the faces of the staff. I took some mince pies away with me to share with friends and they enjoyed them so much they wanted to know where I got them. I will be back

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank pattonyb
Telford, England, United Kingdom
“Lunch out with my friend Doreen”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Me and my friend Doreen had lunch here our order was taken quickly and our order came quickly this is a lovely place as they take your order from the table when we had finished we were asked if we wanted anything else od course we did the atmosphere is great here lovely place to visit will go there again when I next visit Llandudno well done to all the staff!

• Visited November 2013
BTRLL, Manager at Badgers Tearooms & Patisserie, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Your review is exactly like the majority of comments we receive daily. Quickly ordered by efficient staff and quick service of the order in a pleasant atmosphere. Thank you for taking the time to review us, it is always appreciated.