“Best meal ever”

Watkins Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$63 - US$63
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Watkins Co restaurant in Llandudno is an equation that comes out right every time. Take an award-winning restaurant, set it in one of Llandudno���s top hotels, create an historic Victorian dining stuffed with formal elegance, add in an inventive chef with a dab hand at classic favourites and it���s elementary -- Watkins is a hit. Half the menu is seasonal, locally-sourced a la carte deliciousness, while the other half is a daily-changing table d���hote menu offering excellent value. People love the home-made lasagne and the daily roast, but we recommend the more inventive creations, too. Watkins Co���s service, impressive children���s menu and a pocket-friendly wine list get top marks.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Best meal ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I usually don't write reviews on restaurants, mainly because they are all the same but the meal I just had in this restaurant was exceptional.
I live in Llandudno and myself, my brother and mother went for mother's day. We arrived at 6.25 and were asked to wait in the bar until the restaurant opened. We had a drink each which was not overly expensive and were soon greeted by the maitre'd with a set of menu's. I liked this touch as it showed they were organised. She returned to take our orders around 10 minutes later. We then made our way to the restaurant and the first course arrived within 15 minutes.
The service was exceptional, very professional and courteous from the reception staff to the waiters. They lit a candle on the table as we arrived and our wine was already there waiting for us. They filled our glasses with water immediately and kept a watchful eye over us throughout-bear in mind it was busy also.
The food:we each had a four course meal and every dish was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. My salmon,prawn and crab cake was lovely (although the dressing was very vinegary). The leek and potato soup was seasoned perfectly. My lamb shank main was cooked to perfection and the meat fell of the bone, the jus complimented it very well. My brother ordered a steak medium which was cooked PROPERLY. The puddings were just as incredible.
All in all an excellent experience. The decor and ambiance made the night special and £21.95 for a 4 course meal and coffee was well worth it in my eyes.

• Visited March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Llandudno
“Excellent meal at a good price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

6 of us went on 18/3/14 we had the 4 course menu which was very resonably priced, there was a good choice for each course and all the food was presented and cooked perfectly.
The staff at the hotel and restaurant can't do enough for you and are very helpful.
Would definatly go back again.

• Visited March 2014
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Visited the Empire for 2 nod time this and we where not disappointed again. Very good staff fantastic value for money :-)
What more can you ask for !
Black pudding starter, Steak and chips and sticky toffee pudding and ice cream £17,95 with the wine. I be back next month please.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Excellent meal at the less formal 'Poolside', (with some tables overlooking the hotel pool), as an alternative to the 'front' formal restaurant of Watkins. Three or four courses available, with sufficient choice of dishes in each course. Slight difference in price (£4 per head dearer in Watkins), choice of meal and included drinks but the food is cooked by the same kitchen and very nicely presented. Popular with non-residents and on a Saturday night there is a disco in the bar area afterwards.

Visited February 2014
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Good value! Great night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is the kind of place to go and make a real night of it! Three course meal is served very promptly however not rushed. The food is respective of the price I wouldn't say it's amazing but most definitely enjoyable! Once you have finished your food the bar is open till late and you can enjoy a good ol' boogie on the dance floor! The atmosphere is great and we enjoyed our meal at the poolside. My negative points are that they really need to clean the inside of the windows at the poolside. Also at the start of the night the waitress came over specifically just to ID us to which me, my sister and my sisters husband thought was a bit rude considering my parents hadn't even sat down yet and it's actually legal to drink wine with a meal with an adult at the age of 16, so in our mid twenties, we were slightly insulted that they thought we were 15. I know people are more cautious when enforcing the law, however they could have at least waited till we were all seated.

• Visited November 2013