“Fungi fritti are a must”

Casanova Italian Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$16 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Fungi fritti are a must”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for about the last 25 years and can't ever remember the decor or menu changing. It's classic though and it's nice that it hasn't altered.
The fungi fritti (deep fried whole mushrooms) were great- really nice and fresh and good quality.
The mains were good too and were just the right size.
The tables are a little close together.
The service wasn't great though- it was our waiter's first night and you could tell, the other staff tried to make up for it. It's always a pity when you have to ask for black pepper and a dressing for the salad.
But overall a nice meal.
They open early (we went at 6pm and there were already lots of tables occupied) which is good if you have somewhere else to go to afterwards.

• Visited November 2013

North Wales
“The umpteenth time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I've been returning to this restaurant for years now and have celebrated special birthdays, graduation and even a hen party here. The owners are lovely and always so accommodating, letting us decorate the table with confetti, balloons etc. Personally I think the food is delicious, the Pollo Rustico being my favourite! The owners recognise our faces now and always make a special effort to say hello. Sometimes it's been very busy and some times there's only been one other table in there. I think some of these bad reviews have caught them during very busy periods by the sounds of it, we can't fault the place anyway!

• Visited September 2013
Warwick, United Kingdom
“great end to the day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

food was good apart from the big blob my mother got on her plate. the portion sizes could also be dramatically improved as I hadn't eaten anything in a long time and was still hungry when I left. service was also slow and look about 45 minutes for a piece of bread with some tomatoes on top to get to our table. basically, portions could be improved and service as well.

Wales
“Terrible Italian.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Have only just got back from this restaurant and felt compelled to write this review straight away.
I had the Italian meats for my starter. There was not a bottle of olive oil in sight, which you would expect on the table at every Italian along with some balsamic vinegar. I asked for this balsamic vinegar and I was given normal malt vinegar by the waiter. He obviously does not eat out much or know anything about Italian food. I couldn't be bothered trying to explain to him that it was wrong.
So my meats were just okay but very dry.
I noticed that every other table had breadsticks on them apart from ours.
Onto the main.... My tortellini was fine, but I was not offered (as you would expect at an Italian) any Parmesan to go on top or any fresh black pepper. Again, I couldn't be bothered trying to holler someone down. The place was heaving and i don't know why! i noticed that some of the staff who were working along the other side of the restaurant were much more efficient than our waiter was!!
I must also mention that my friend had a carbonara and half an hour later she vomited. I wonder what they are getting away with in their kitchen??
Never will I go here again unless it changes hands. I have eaten at many many different places and this place is terrible. Avoid!!!!!!!

“average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

good childrens menu, good service,nice atmosphere and music.food generally good,garlic pizza bread very poor as no garlic taste and cardboard base.lovely seafood spaghetti main, average pizza.nice house red and white wine.probably wouldn't go back.